Ok, I got a bit active (it's about time I'd say), and got these done. I printed the WOF's templates yesterday, and cut the pieces out of thin metal sheet. I had to stop my work yesterday because I've promised my neighbor not to make too much noise in the evenings. Today I got home early, and went straight to pounding metal.
The gauntlets are ROTJ style, as you can see, and at the moment, held together only with scotch tape (and LOTS of it...) There are several gaps, and things I would've done differently when doing these, but for my first gauntlets ever, these came up quite nicely.
Now comes the hard part, finding the proper adhesive compound. As I live in Finland, I do not have access to Goop, gorilla glue or other stuff. I might have access to a welding machines at school if I play my cards right...