Subscribe
    Oct 21, 2008, 4:37 AM - CHEST LIGHT ATTACHING COMMENTS & CONCERNS #1

So last time, I had a set of (I think) MLC armor and TK409's light board. I know some people just hot glue the board to their armor but I made a holster out of regular, old playing cards and taped/glued that to the back of the armor.

ANYWAY, this time around, I got me a set of Wickedbeard's armor and a Fettronics board. What I was thinking of doing was, since the board has foam backing, attaching some velcro to the board and sticking it to the vest instead of the armor.

Good idea? Bad idea?
    Oct 21, 2008, 5:16 AM - Re: CHEST LIGHT ATTACHING COMMENTS & CONCERNS #2

I think if you stick it to the vest, it will maybe slide down and out of the openings in the armor. What about using L brackets to hold it to the back of the armor? Almost like the way mirrors are held in place.
    Just a thought.
  3. Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Oct 21, 2008, 5:37 AM - Re: CHEST LIGHT ATTACHING COMMENTS & CONCERNS #3

How is your armor attached to The vest? Attaching the light board to your vest will cause it to slip around if your armor shifts, as KoRn3000 said.

I attach mine with a good quality electrical tape. It has a bit of stretch to it, which presses the board in place. I do a criss-cross pattern, two up/down, two across. Holds pretty well, and it can come off easily without leaving a residue.

Jon
    www.Fettronics.com
    Oct 21, 2008, 6:16 AM - Re: CHEST LIGHT ATTACHING COMMENTS & CONCERNS #4

Good ideas! I'm using Snaps and velcro to attach the armor. Good thing with the armor, there's a slight ridge where the slots are which helps hold the LEDs in place.
    Oct 28, 2008, 2:39 PM - Re: CHEST LIGHT ATTACHING COMMENTS & CONCERNS #5

When you get this attached, I'd be interested in seeing pics of it! I too have wickedbeard armor and I need to find a light display for mine. I'll be using velcro and some snaps as well. Where do you put the battery source for the Light display?

El1te
    Oct 28, 2008, 4:02 PM - Re: CHEST LIGHT ATTACHING COMMENTS & CONCERNS #6

Wow...you guys are fancy! I use duct tape. lol
    Oct 29, 2008, 7:01 AM - Re: CHEST LIGHT ATTACHING COMMENTS & CONCERNS #7

As far as the battery pack, I'm running the wires through the vest and flight suit and out the underarm of the suit's sleeve. Made an armband out of elastic and attaching the battery pack to that since the flight suit has that double sleeve, it will be hidden and easy to access should the need to replace batteries arise. Will post pics as soon as I'm done.
    Nov 1, 2008, 11:24 AM - Re: CHEST LIGHT ATTACHING COMMENTS & CONCERNS #8

Nice work