Subscribe
  1. Jun 15, 2009, 7:19 PM - Arakus's Dura steel ROTJ armor #1

Not sure how I feel about this armor.i like the weight and durability, but it has a fairly rough texture, but after painting it , it looks a lot better.
    Not sure why he opted to add a few of the dents in the wrong spots, on the collar and cod..lol, but they don't look bad, so i opted not to fill them in.
    I went through a couple strong cutting wheels doing the slots, so this stuff is definitely durable.lol
    Anyway, he wanted a set of my knees and my backplate to go with this set ,but those are not done yet, so this is all I can show at this point.

Last edited by wickedbeard; Jun 15, 2009 at 7:24 PM.
  2. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Jun 18, 2009, 12:18 AM - Re: Arakus's Dura steel ROTJ armor #2

Looks great bud...as always. Cant wait to get my hands on them...
  3. Jun 18, 2009, 12:47 AM - Re: Arakus's Dura steel ROTJ armor #3

wow, that armor looks great!!!
  4. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jun 18, 2009, 12:58 AM - Re: Arakus's Dura steel ROTJ armor #4

Now there is a name I haven't heard in a long time. I had a set of durasteel armor a long long time ago. Used up many a sheet of sandpaper trying to get the hammer marks out of the front of that armor... never quite succeeded. Still cool to see a set after all these years.
    Jun 18, 2009, 1:15 AM - Re: Arakus's Dura steel ROTJ armor #5

Quote ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    Now there is a name I haven't heard in a long time. I had a set of durasteel armor a long long time ago. Used up many a sheet of sandpaper trying to get the hammer marks out of the front of that armor... never quite succeeded. Still cool to see a set after all these years.
    I either got lucky with mine or its prior owner did a LOT of work... mine was smooth as could be when I got it.

None of those little pits either.

As for the dents, I bet it's just because it's old and he didn't know any better.

I love the stuff, though the weight does bug me at times. I'll be making my own at some point, so when that happens I'll probably leave the metal for display only.
  6. Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Jun 18, 2009, 10:13 AM - Re: Arakus's Dura steel ROTJ armor #6

great work