I am finally getting around to wiring up my bucket. First I cut out the window in my topper. Its a DP recast. Works well because 1) its hollow and 2) its what I have on hand at the moment I then replace the window with a piece of green transparent plastic. I got the plastic from a package of plastic stir sticks I got from Target for 67 cents. I then installed my homemade rangefinder circuit-
The stalk is a hollow Bobamaker. Very durable and clean. I had to do zero prep work to it. I could easily run 2 wires down the stalk with room to spare. Highly recommended piece.
I then cutout a spot for an activation switch in the right ear, along with a hole for the wiring to pass. I make these cuts, along with the cuts in the helmet, before painting-
Next up is to get some fans installed to wire it all up together. I have some nice small 12V fans on hand, but they didn't feel like they were pushing a lot of air. I might try to find something else.