I've been on a hiatus from saber building lately, and this weekend I decided to pull my stack of WOF templates out of the folder and try my hand at working up a new bucket. Two very large blisters on my fingers later, and I have the beginnings of something.
I found a used skate helmet at the local Goodwill store and it's circumference was suitable for the templates, so I went with it, knowing full well the dome would not be accurate. Fine by me - I'll build a custom Mando helmet (sticks out tongue).
I'm using 2mm styrene for the build, since I regularly build models and am familiar with how styrene behaves...and I have LOTS of cements for styrene. So far, the project is pleasing to my eye. Thought I'd share.