Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas?Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Dec 2, 2015, 3:20 PM - Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #1

Hi there.

Have been a big Boba Fett fan since I was a wee lad but only now am I seriously considering getting a costume. So I'm a bit new to all this.

Who are some of the big league boys making the very best, authentic Boba Fett helmets? Only one I've heard of so far is Master Replicas. Are they currently the very best or do others do it even better?

What are some ball park prices with these type of professionally made Fett helmets?

Thank you
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Dec 2, 2015, 3:50 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #2

In my opinion the best option currently available is the corrected Animefan MR recast. The helmet he offers is from a set of molds based on the Master Replicas helmet which is, at this time, still, the best thing widely available that's out there in terms of overall shape and dimensions to the production helmets. The MR line does have some limitations; it's very clean and (again, in my opinion) the dent is a bit oversized and ill defined but it still trumps everything else at the moment. It's the right size. It's the right shape. I am sure many members here will testify to the quality of the fibreglass work of Animefan's kits. It would require assembly and painting.

The original Master Replicas itself is a great helmet but has a couple of extra limitations;
    An assembly issue in the factory meant the visor was improperly installed and the mandibles pinch together in a way they shouldn't.
    The factory line paint job, whilst reasonable, will never match the quality of individual effort.
    Dec 2, 2015, 4:09 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #3

This is a fairly subjective question but here is a list of top makers right now......

Animefan
    Fettpride
    Bobamaker
    Asok GMH
    RS Props

There are some others as well. The question of cost is a ball park of $250-$350 for an upainted raw kit and $600-$1000 for a painted kit.

Another question is WHICH paint job are you going to go with? ESB, ROTJ, one of the Pre Pro ...Also what size are you? If the helmet is for display only then this won't matter but if you want to troop in it then it is a point of consideration. All of these will affect which helmet is "the best"

One last thing,.............Welcome to the forums and I invite you to read a ton and educate yourself before purchase. There is a ton of info on this site and it will serve you well to research before diving in.
    Dec 2, 2015, 4:12 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #4

There can also be long waitlists, especially for a painted helmet and even for one that's not painted. Do you have an unlimited budget?
    "Best replica" sounds good, but do you really mean the best money can buy with a professional paint job, found parts, servos, lights, fans and all the bells and whistles?

A number of people around here will say the FPH2 (from Fettpride) is the best helmet out there right now, but others will disagree. There are quite a few great makers here, so check them out.
    Dec 2, 2015, 4:28 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #5

Any of the makers mentioned by Mullreal are great lids. Worth noting though is that Asok has been real scarce lately, and on the subject of the actual Masters Replicas company, they've been out of business for years, so an actual MR lid is very scarce these days. With limitations expressed by Intwenothor above being true, they were some pretty nice assemblies though.
  7. Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Dec 2, 2015, 4:31 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #6

Thanks for the helpful replies.

I'm wanting to wear the helmet along with the rest of my suit once it's all completed. So not just for display. I'm 6'1 190 lbs (if that matters).

And I'd prefer to buy a helmet that's already painted and assembled (or at least mostly assembled).

Keep the replies comin'.
    Dec 2, 2015, 4:37 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #7

Your best bet either the FP premium by animefan or the FPH2 by Fettpride based on your size. Then you'd need to find a painter to accomplish the paint up.

You would need to contact the lid makers and the painters to figure out their timeframes.
    Dec 2, 2015, 4:40 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #8

Plenty of users here do paint commissions so your option would be to buy and kit and then hire a painter. There are some very talented painters here. The recent 'Elstree' thread by TDH member 'Major' is one of my recent favourites. That's an amazing piece of commission work.

If you're a fourteen stone six footer the gmh will be too small for you so that's out.
    Dec 2, 2015, 4:48 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #9

I'm 5 ft 10" just over 11&half stone and I hated the GMH as my ESB lid....felt to small...lol
    Dec 2, 2015, 5:38 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #10

Aside from the forementioned helmet makers, which are all great choices, i also offer an ESB helmet, also based off the MR but modded a bit to look more ESB Its what im wearing in my avatar
  12. Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Dec 2, 2015, 5:49 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #11

Currently there is a Master Replica on ebay for nearly $1,200.

Is that pretty average price for MR?

It looks like a great helmet but I'd really like to get something for under a thousand if I could.
    Dec 2, 2015, 5:55 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #12

MR is nice for what it is........but if you want the best, troopable helmet you can do better for less money.

That being said, you will have wait times involved. If the MR is what you want then go for it ($1200 is not horrible out of line). I will throw this out there, of all the incredible, awesome screen accurate Boba Fett kits on this forum, VERY VERY few ever troop with an actual Master Replicas. Most have MR as a collectors piece and troop with the helmets that are mentioned in this thread.
    Dec 2, 2015, 5:57 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #13

@darth Vorhees. I always forget you on the lid making!
    Lou does indeed offer a good looking helmet kit....

that at sounds like a reasonable price for one honestly. If you want more accurate I'd go with buying a kit and having it painted.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Darth Voorhees, I always forget you on the lid making!
    Lou does indeed offer a good looking helmet kit....

that sounds like a reasonable price for one honestly. If you want more accurate I'd go with buying a kit and having it painted.
    Last edited by syllander; Dec 5, 2015 at 10:11 AM.
    Dec 2, 2015, 6:20 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #14

I also have a scratch build helmet coming along which I intend to cast and sell this spring. If you like it, the wait line is non-existant so...

Le1120's Second Cardboard Helmet Scratch Build -- WIP
    Dec 2, 2015, 7:36 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #15

The price for the MR is only that because it is a collectible.
    Dec 2, 2015, 7:38 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #16

It's also not the best time to be buying with the new film coming out. That price is high in my opinion and if proposed offerings from anovos and efx are done right the price on these will plummet (if).
    Dec 2, 2015, 7:55 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #17

Quote intwenothor said: View Post
    It's also not the best time to be buying with the new film coming out. That price is high in my opinion and if proposed offerings from anovos and efx are done right the price on these will plummet (if).

Possible.....I wouldn't expect to see any real helmet from EFX. If they eventually move forward word is it would be a bust.
    Would like to see Anovos come out with a lid, but until they ship any SW items my jury is out....
    Dec 2, 2015, 8:03 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #18

Agreed. A bird in the hand...
    Dec 3, 2015, 5:20 AM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #19

And you can keep an eye on the cargo hold here - there have been some really nice helmets already painted for sale lately that would eliminate the wait time and help fellow members who may need the $$.
    Dec 5, 2015, 9:51 AM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #20

I personally think the FP2H for ESB is the best option. Now, Anovos has their helmet coming out "soon" which is a digital scan.
    Dec 7, 2015, 12:00 PM - Re: Who makes the very best quality Boba Fett helmet replicas? #21

Darth Voorhees does great work.