What's a good helmet?

From
    somewhere in essex.uk

What's a good helmet?

hi all,i am looking for a good starter helmet and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction,i where glasses and i have a rubies jango helmet(for my wifes jango costume!!)which doesnt fit with my glasses.i have seen the bobamaker helmet but i was wondering what others thought,thanks in advance.mike

From
    Ft. Worth, TX

Re: What's a good helmet?

Marrow Sun!!! PM MS for a helmet

boba-fetts-behind-you said:
    hi all,i am looking for a good starter helmet and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction,i where glasses and i have a rubies jango helmet(for my wifes jango costume!!)which doesnt fit with my glasses.i have seen the bobamaker helmet but i was wondering what others thought,thanks in advance.mike

From
    Roanoke, TX

Another option is Skygunbro, a very good starter helmet if you ask me. I have one and I think its great. I would say MS if you are going for a super accurate display piece but I wouldn't troop in something of that level. Especially if you are going to paint your own helmet, get a starter first, perhaps even a rubies and practice. In my opinion the MS, BM, and SGB all have high points, its all a matter of personal preference. I.E. money, accuracy... ect.

From
    Chicagoland

What price range are you looking for? PM me if you want. MS is top notch, but there not cheap. Don Post 95 are good but there getting pretty hard to find. Rubbies (I'm sorry to say) suck big time for Boba. The Jango are better.

Grand Moff Fett

you could buy a rubies jango helmet and re-paint it. Theyre like sixty bucks.
    you could also get contacts, thats what I did.
    Last edited by Grand Moff Fett; Jan 2, 2006 at 10:17 PM.

From
    Amity

my advice. save your cash & get MS. his helmet is the best ive owned.

From
    Chicagoland

Just to let ya know. This hobbie is addicting and you will end up buying the best stuff eventually anyhow, so save your money and get a good one. Seeing how your in the UK, BM is a good source for you.

From
    somewhere in essex.uk

contacts are no good for me as my left eye kinda wanders where it wants,boy am i weird,i will proberly go for a BM as he is in the uk and i have been looking at his stuff for ages,thanks for everyones help and when i get one and paint it i will post pics,thanks again.mike.

You can't go wrong with a BM, whilst I don't wear glasses my brother does and he's had no problem wearing them under my helmet.

From
    somewhere in essex.uk

funny thing is i have a rubies supreme vader helmet and i can see out of the original lenses without my glasses.wierd or what!!!

Get a M_S Awesome!!

From
    AZ

HeadlessHunter said:
    Get a M_S Awesome!!
    I second that!

From
    West Los Angeles, CA

My advice for you is to try on different helms if you have a big head (like me). I tried on 6 or 7 and only the MS' helm fit. BM's are cool, but have the brow dip, which I am not exactly fond of, but if you don't mind it then go for it!