Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Mar 2003
    Dec 4, 2004, 8:45 AM - What's the best way to get paint OFF a helmet? #1

First of all, I love my bucket and the guy who painted it did a tremendous job. BUT, the more I look at it the more I'd like to get the white spot of paint off the cheek:

I've heard of a product called T-cut that removes paint but I can't find it anywhere in Canada.

Cheers!
    TJ

(If this is an old topic, by all means merge this topic to a more suitable home.)
    Dec 4, 2004, 5:11 PM - Re: What's the best way to get paint OFF a helmet? #2

I'd leave it alone.
    Dec 4, 2004, 8:58 PM - Re: What's the best way to get paint OFF a helmet? #3

Just paint some silver over the white spot and it'll blend fine into that great helmet.
    Dec 4, 2004, 10:52 PM - Re: What's the best way to get paint OFF a helmet? #4

Just cover it with some black.

Lynn
    Dec 5, 2004, 12:36 AM - Re: What's the best way to get paint OFF a helmet? #5

I'd probably just paint over it with some black or that one green color that was listed in Lee's thread (What was used)
  6. Member Since
    Mar 2003
    Dec 8, 2004, 8:28 AM - Re: What's the best way to get paint OFF a helmet? #6

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I was hoping to find a product to remove it as I think that would look better than painting over it. I think I'll just leave it as it is for now.

Cheers!
    TJ
    Dec 8, 2004, 9:21 AM - Re: What's the best way to get paint OFF a helmet? #7

only reason I say leave it alone is because I have been in so many situations with this costume where it just wasnt perfect to my liking, and I tried to make it better, and it got worse then tried to fix that and it got worse and worse untill you wished you never had touched it.
  8. Member Since
    Mar 2003
    Dec 8, 2004, 11:08 AM - Re: What's the best way to get paint OFF a helmet? #8

cal196 wrote:

only reason I say leave it alone is because I have been in so many situations with this costume where it just wasnt perfect to my liking, and I tried to make it better, and it got worse then tried to fix that and it got worse and worse untill you wished you never had touched it.
    Don't I know it. What's that expression? The enemy of good is better?

Cheers!
    TJ
  9. sarlac_snack
    Dec 8, 2004, 8:55 PM - Re: What's the best way to get paint OFF a helmet? #9

Well, if you are VERY (and I do mean VERY) careful, get Jasco. It will eat paint off of anything, BUT, if using on a bucket, leave it on for NO MORE than a minute or it may eat through your bucket. I use it for removing the factory paint off of guitars to take them down to the wood.