Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Nov 12, 2007, 1:27 PM - What are you guys using as 'plaques' for your custom buckets? #1

I am looking at displaying my Boba helmet in my theatre room, such that it shows more or less like a 'museum' piece. Like a work of art.

ANyhow, I was envisioning having some sort of small horizontal (1" x 4") plaque, with maybe a line or two:

===============
    Boba Fett helmet
    Return of the Jedi
    ===============

Now I walked into Office Depot, Staples, etc, but they don't have anything to display on a desk... I figures something like this one below. Im sure I can find this online, but I really want to hold/see it before I buy. I want something black/matte, no gaudy wood or gold!

The idea would be to print something custom, and just slide it in. Anyone done this, or similar/better? Ideas?

Nov 12, 2007, 1:50 PM - Re: What are you guys using as 'plaques' for your custom buckets? #2

If you have a trophy shop near you, try there. The better shops have a wide variety of plaques that can be laser engraved with pretty much anything you want.
    There's a big selection of material too. They have plastic that looks like anything from marble to brushed aluminum.
    Nov 12, 2007, 4:55 PM - Re: What are you guys using as 'plaques' for your custom buckets? #3

I went to a trophy shop for the plaque on my Vader helmet stand. You can get them to either stick on, or with holes drilled so you can screw them in place. I got the one with the holes, because I had a set of screws that I thought would look great as part of it. Turns out, they do.