Subscribe
    Nov 11, 2002, 1:18 PM - What kinds of LED's does the range finder have? #1

What kinds of LED's does the range finder have? Does anyone have pics of the layout of the LED's on the range finder?
    Nov 15, 2002, 8:21 AM - Re: What kinds of LED's does the range finder have? #2

you need to use the little rounded leds not the square leds
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/bbt/e..._animation.htm
    Nov 17, 2002, 1:50 AM - Re: What kinds of LED's does the range finder have? #3

secol_Fett: Thanks for the info.

Where can I get one of these blinking LED range finders? Someone please PM me. Thanks!!
    Dec 9, 2002, 4:19 AM - Re: What kinds of LED's does the range finder have? #4

The range finder I have has the two LED's at the top just like Secol_Fett's diagram showed. However, mine also has 4 LED's on the underside of the Range Finder. I got this from a fellow prop maker.

I'm wondering if this is accurate? If not, should I remove them?

5. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Dec 9, 2002, 5:30 AM - Re: What kinds of LED's does the range finder have? #5

Depends on what you are going for. If you are going for movie accurate then you need to take the 4 LEDs out of the bottom. If you are going for "wow, that looks cool!" then leave them in. More lights and blinky things always attract more people but the real helmets only had the two LEDs in the top.
    Dec 9, 2002, 3:45 PM - Re: What kinds of LED's does the range finder have? #6

Brak's Buddy wrote:

Depends on what you are going for. If you are going for movie accurate then you need to take the 4 LEDs out of the bottom. If you are going for "wow, that looks cool!" then leave them in. More lights and blinky things always attract more people but the real helmets only had the two LEDs in the top.
    Brak is so rigth, you can add a laser too
  7. Member Since
    Aug 2003
    Apr 3, 2011, 6:56 AM - Re: What kinds of LED's does the range finder have? #7

Has the consensus changed on there only being two red LEDs in the ESB range finder? Some say only two red, others say also green or clear lights in the underside, some say even up to three of them. Was anything ever lit up in there during ESB? Were there LEDs/bulbs in there that weren't wired up?

Since there are two pairs of wires going to the range finder, would those only be the positive and negative for the two red LEDs?
  8. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Apr 3, 2011, 3:37 PM - Re: What kinds of LED's does the range finder have? #8

I agree,
    I take back what I said it seems only plusable there be 2 red