1. Member Since
    Apr 2006
    May 7, 2006, 8:18 AM - Watch Out #1

I just got an email from what looked to be Paypal stating that I made a secure payment to some cell phone dealer for the tune of about $300 at the bottom of the page it had the "If you did not authorize this payment dispute it here" link, so I clicked it, the page looked EXACTLY like the Paypal login page but it didn't have a secure link, so I closed t he window and went to the actual Paypal site, and signed in and all was good, no payment to anyone that I didn't make myself. The only reason I put this in the helmet forum is because it's on the top of the page when you get here and I don't want anyone getting screwed. Have a good one.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. May 7, 2006, 8:26 AM - Re: Watch Out #2

I get those all the time.They are phishing e-mails.Paypal NEVER send direct e-mails like that so just delete the immediately, and forward it to
    these stupid hackers need to be gutted and chopped into pieces.
    May 7, 2006, 1:02 PM - Re: Watch Out #3

Yeah, I get at least one phishing e-mail a week; from paypal, or ebay, or even Chase Bank regarding my credit cards.
    They all go straight into the spam folder.
  5. May 7, 2006, 1:08 PM - Re: Watch Out #4

Quote wickedbeard said:
    these stupid hackers need to be gutted and chopped into pieces.
    Personally I would just love to feed them to my pet Rancor (my female long-haired dachshund who has pretty much the same temperament as your average Rancor.)