Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
wait timeSubscribe
  1. Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Dec 26, 2015, 3:48 AM - wait time #1

which supplier has the shortest wait time?

ive noticed some of the more quality lids have waiting lists of several months, who does a decent model but doent have a massive backlog. i dont mind waiting a couple of months but cant wait until october.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Dec 26, 2015, 4:48 AM - Re: wait time #2

Animefan and Darth Vorhees seem to rank consistently among the quickest.
    Dec 26, 2015, 5:23 AM - Re: wait time #3

I agree with intwenothor but I would also contact the makers directly and ask them what their turnaround is.
    Dec 26, 2015, 5:39 AM - Re: wait time #4

Also keep an eye on the cargo hold here. A few nice looking helmets have come up for sale recently and would eliminate any wait time
    Dec 26, 2015, 3:10 PM - Re: wait time #5

Thanks for the mention Andy/intwenothor! Currently my wait for a helmet kit is about 2-3 weeks
    Dec 26, 2015, 3:47 PM - Re: wait time #6

Quote Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    Thanks for the mention Andy/intwenothor! Currently my wait for a helmet kit is about 2-3 weeks
    Which in this game is lightning!
    Dec 26, 2015, 5:01 PM - Re: wait time #7

Quote intwenothor said: View Post
    Which in this game is lightning!
    Indeed.

I'm at one year on my wait for FPH2
    Dec 26, 2015, 5:49 PM - Re: wait time #8

Quote Furious said: View Post
    Indeed.

I'm at one year on my wait for FPH2
    Ouch, yeah at this point I'd only buy a kit second hand...
    Dec 26, 2015, 6:50 PM - Re: wait time #9

Has anyone even received an FPH2 recently?

I've tried emailing him to check on the status but have not heard back. Starting to worry
    Last edited by Furious; Dec 28, 2015 at 6:04 PM.
    Dec 26, 2015, 7:49 PM - Re: wait time #10

He is in the process of revamping his whole system. He is going to a system where he will only sell what he has on hand, but as you can guess that means he has to catch up on all the back orders too. Chris posted an update a couple months back explaining all that was going on, but I have no idea where the thread is.
  12. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Dec 27, 2015, 2:38 AM - Re: wait time #11

Quote Furious said: View Post
    Has anyone even received an FPH2 recently?

I've tried emailing him to check on the status but have note heard back. Starting to worry
    I got mine back in September. I've been too busy with work to really do anything with it though, plus I've got about 4-5 helmets in front of it in line to get built/painted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote 01Hawk said: View Post
    Also keep an eye on the cargo hold here. A few nice looking helmets have come up for sale recently and would eliminate any wait time
    This is usually the best route. You may not find a Fettpride helmet, but there are plenty of GMH buckets floating around, plus the Fettpride MR that Animefan currently sells.
    Dec 27, 2015, 3:16 AM - Re: wait time #12

Quote Mullreel said: View Post
    He is in the process of revamping his whole system. He is going to a system where he will only sell what he has on hand, but as you can guess that means he has to catch up on all the back orders too. Chris posted an update a couple months back explaining all that was going on, but I have no idea where the thread is.
    This is what he wrote:

Effective immediately, I'll need to start offering for sale, only what I have made and available to ship, while current back orders sustain a longer lead time. There's no way to sugar coat it. Yes, this is the annoying part. The breakdown means, that any new orders will meet expenses, and allow me to catch up on back orders individually over a period of time. It doesn't mean any seriously drastic further delays. But will allow me to cope with the current circumstances at hand, more efficiently in the long run. It will take the time it takes. But in the end, we can all move forward positively.
    I realize, from the customer POV, this seems extremely unfair. And, is generally seen as really 'bad business'. But sometimes extreme circumstances require extreme measures. And sacrifices. And to date, I've made many. And I'm asking for a small sacrifice from you. I realize the bitterness, and resentment that can be felt when a customer that's been waiting for a while, see's someone else get something they've been waiting for, sooner. What I'm asking for, is your restraint in the condemnation of this path I've chosen to take, and understand that it is a necessary measure to ensure that we all win. You're not just helping me, you're helping your fellow Fettheads, too. After all, the only real concession you'll actually be having to make is giving me a reprieve on my existing lead times, and allowing me the breathing room to take care of your business.
    My feeling here is, in a time of turbulence, this is the best course of action to take. Inevitably there will be a few very upset individuals. I'd ask that you refrain from posting negativity publicly, and come to me directly should you feel the need to want to vent. I sincerely hope that my candor earns me your continued support, patience and understanding during this difficult time. Soon, we can all move on to cool new things, and maybe even set a new precedence. If I can make this change, so can others. And in time maybe we can reform the way props are traded across the board. If we work together, we can move mountains.
    Thanks so much,
    Chris
    Last edited by intwenothor; Dec 27, 2015 at 1:21 PM. Reason: Request of Fettpride
    Dec 27, 2015, 10:48 AM - Re: wait time #13

Thanks intwenothor
    Dec 27, 2015, 11:37 AM - Re: wait time #14

It's my opinion that the MR premium helmet done by Ryan (animefan) is closer to the screen used helemt than the fph2. While the FP helemt is nice, the added cheek flair and flattened dome are deal breakers for myself.
    Dec 27, 2015, 12:00 PM - Re: wait time #15

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    It's my opinion that the MR premium helmet done by Ryan (animefan) is closer to the screen used helemt than the fph2. While the FP helemt is nice, the added cheek flair and flattened dome are deal breakers for myself.
    I agree with this assessment. It's still not been bettered.
    Dec 27, 2015, 7:05 PM - Re: wait time #16

Second the cargo hold method - it's how I snagged my FP!
    Dec 27, 2015, 8:21 PM - Re: wait time #17

I have to say the added flair is correct for ESB on the FPH2 ESB. Not sure how that would be a deal breaker if your looking for an ESB helmet. I think the hero ESB is an anomoly..for whatever reason, but it def has a flair the other helmets do not. You can see it pretty clearly in these shots:

Recent pics of the hero helmet may appear not to have it but thats because most of those pics are taken fairly close up, and the lens def distorts the look when your that close. I know this because my helmets also have a bit of flair on them, but if i take a pic of it fairly close up, it gets lost in the photo. I have to take a pic from a few feet away, zoomed in for you to see it, just like in those screen shots above i posted.

Other aspects i cant really say, as i havent really looked into them, but the flair is something myself and alot of other ESB Fett guys i know always like/wanted in an ESB specific helmet, because it is seen pretty clearly in a few shots in the film. But, at any rate, to each their own i guess

Sorry for drifting off topic.... :/
    Dec 27, 2015, 8:46 PM - Re: wait time #18

I have always liked the flare shown on those scenes, but wondered if it was from lens distortion in those scenes themselves. The EFX lid announcement thread pic just doesn't look like it has the same ear profile/slant. Would love to see some overlay work with all the helmet types.
    Dec 27, 2015, 9:05 PM - Re: wait time #19

From what i know, lens distortion is more likely to occur when your camera is to close to the subject, but thats with photography, not sure how different it may be with video/film cameras. Also nothing else in the scene appears to be distorted, like the round window or the vertical lines on the walls.

The EFX and the FPH2 are actually very similar. I held the EFX prototype at C7 for a good 5 minutes ...and i do own a FPH2 ESB and from what i could tell they are very very close in size and the flair. It actually made me even more impressed with the FPH2. It also made me really want to run away with that EFX prototype LOL..but im sure Gino would have killed me hahaha!

I tried to do an overlay comparison once but it didn't really work because i think you'd need to have all the helmets in front of you and photographed at the same distance and angles to really get a true comparison.
    Dec 27, 2015, 10:43 PM - Re: wait time #20

That may be so, but seeing the fph2 next to an MR (and a MF) the differences between it and the MR are really obvious. I'm not saying the fph2 is not a good helmet, I am only saying for my self that I would rather have an MR based kit (or a MF but that worn happen).
    Dec 28, 2015, 12:11 AM - Re: wait time #21

Oh yea for sure. My helmet is based of the MR and is def different than the FPH2. The MR is def a little bigger. That said, i havent messed with it all that much...i just added some of that flair at the bottom and made the damage more prominent, but not quite right. At some point im going to fix that and fix the shape of the upper mandibles because its idealized on the MR..and maybe fix up the dent, and add the wavy brow...but i'll likely do that all at once and then call it done. Im certainly not out to make the best helmet out there. I just want to have something fairly accurate that is made well and plays the part

Id love to have an MF also, but way out of my price range as well.
    Dec 28, 2015, 9:25 AM - Re: wait time #22

I'd love to see a fully pimped out line of MRs. I love it as a base but it could use some improvement mostly as you mentioned. One of the biggest stumbling blocks for me is the dent which I feel is more of a crater than a dent. I prefered the FPH2 dent to the MR one; it just feels slightly large and I'll defined on the MR helmets and deep enough to crawl inside and curl up for a sleep!

What would you do with the mandibles?
    Dec 28, 2015, 12:47 PM - Re: wait time #23

The EFX and FPH2 aren't really that similar in shape.
    The FPH2 Does suffer from too much flare on the right side in particular. The dent is also much softer than the EFX.
    I did see a hugely thickly laid up fiberglass FPH2 in person. FP is truly very good with his casting work. You could smash through a wall in that thing.
    Dec 28, 2015, 12:51 PM - Re: wait time #24

I love the MR lineage helmets but they too suffer from a few issues.
    Their flare is close but a bit odd in some cases. Their size is pretty close to the real deal but the left side I believe was tampered with in the 3D modelling stage.
    Nevertheless there have been some very good versions of these made. Like a few here, it is my favorite of the "old stock"
    The EFX and Anovos helmets will truly be a gift for the ESB lovers.
    Dec 28, 2015, 1:19 PM - Re: wait time #25

The efx helmet will never see the light of day. It's been how long since it was cast and no new information on it; heck when it was at SDCC it was still in the same primer for hat it was painted with once it came out of the mold. And now that anovos is doing a fett helmet, the efx is dead in th water; that is unless Gino or someone with some reliable knowledge can state otherwise.