Voice changer

From
    Newark, Delaware

Voice changer

Does anyone know of anything that I can put in between my mouthpiece and Amp to make my voice sound more like Fetts? Dont break the bank please.

From
    Schenectady, NY

Re: Voice changer

Try finding a cheapo guitar effects pedal that handles equalization. There are graphic EQ's ( they have the slides ) and there are parametric, ( which use knobs ).

Either way, you want to take out some of the bass frequencies, and boost the mid range a bit. You're sort of aiming for an AM radio vibe. Just experiment.

You obviously won't fit an effects pedal in your bucket, but, you can gut it, and tuck the necessary bits in a pouch, or maybe in your bucket, depending on how you have your amp system set up. It's cheaper than the popular costume rigs out there, but those systems do sound awesome!

Here's a sample of what they look like. I'm not advertising or endorsing any of these, just using these as a "for instance ".
    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ARTEC-SE-PEQ-PAR...3A1%7C294%3A50

From
    Newark, Delaware

I'm using the newton amp and i am willing to try this out. I guess all i would need to do is reduce the plugs to fit.

From
    Newark, Delaware

Account Deactivated

Timmer said: View Post
    Try finding a cheapo guitar effects pedal that handles equalization. There are graphic EQ's ( they have the slides ) and there are parametric, ( which use knobs ).

Either way, you want to take out some of the bass frequencies, and boost the mid range a bit. You're sort of aiming for an AM radio vibe. Just experiment.

You obviously won't fit an effects pedal in your bucket, but, you can gut it, and tuck the necessary bits in a pouch, or maybe in your bucket, depending on how you have your amp system set up. It's cheaper than the popular costume rigs out there, but those systems do sound awesome!

Here's a sample of what they look like. I'm not advertising or endorsing any of these, just using these as a "for instance ".
    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ARTEC-SE-PEQ-PAR...3A1%7C294%3A50
    brother, you totally need to start making these...i dont know how difficult it is to do what you are talking about, but man, you seem to know your stuff when it comes to these voice changers...

From
    Schenectady, NY

Hi JW, that's exactly the type. Generally, they are powered by a 9 volt battery. If you open it up, you maybe able to minimize the devices "footprint" a bit. At any rate, just eliminating the case will save you some weight. There are 1/4 " connectors that normally take a guitar cord. These can be easily replaced with connectors that match your microphone and amp.

It may take some doing if all of your gear is to be mounted in your helemt, but it's all very pouch friendly.

I haven't done this myself, but I plan to at some point.

From
    Newark, Delaware

Ok. I'll go ahead and get the cheepo pedel but I will put it in a pouch. I'll let you know how it works. I used to play guitar so messing with these things will be no problem. Never thought of using it for this. Thanks.

From
    Plymouth Meeting, PA, 19462

I actually picked this up from TARGET after halloween last year for $3 in the clearance section:
    http://www.target.com/Electronic-Voi...changer&page=1

They have a bunch to choose from their online store, and for $15 the price is right. Most of them have at least 3 different voice settings which modulate your voice. Comes with the MIC and all......

From
    Newark, Delaware

Hey Scott,

I had one that was blue and every time I spoke into it, It sqeeked and skwoked. You know what I mean. I tried to fix it and burnt it up with the soldering iron. Did you have your on Saturday?

From
    Schenectady, NY

I have a Walmart voice amp that's been gutted and put into my TK helmet attached to the
    Hovi-mic tip speakers. The volume isn't all hat great, but there are some cool voice effects. I seem to be constantly changing my TK audio setup though.

Good to hear you have guitar experience, you'll have an easy time dialing in your sound. I play bass guitar ( not so much anymore ) and I always look to music gear to make these projects easier. I would definitely take the pedal apart, just to make it more compact and a bit lighter.

Good luck ! See if you can post audio or video on Youtube when you're finished.

Tim

From
    Newark, Delaware

You bet

they sell clonetrooper voice changers for halloween every year at walmart for five bucks they sound just like jango.