Subscribe
    Jul 29, 2010, 5:03 PM - Visor Plastic/Perspex available here (some skill needed to shape) #1

Hi folks.....I am currently building a Fett bucket from scratch and have had NO end of trouble finding suitable material to make the visor out of....well, I found this guy on ebay (and no, I am NOT affiliated with him)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT (please read on.....)
    It has solved all my problems, I was trying to sandwich window tint inbetween 2 pieces of clear perspex (because it wouldn't stick to plastic so well)

So, I have noticed a few buckets get to the good stage, dome done, everything looking cool, and then that visor kicks the **** out of us. This stuff is cheap and 1 A4 piece will be suitable for the visor area.

I am thinking I should uploading w.i.p photos in order to help out those who don't know how to shape? (I am included, but even with a basic heat-gun I am 90% of the way there and when the helmet is on the plastic looks BLACK and not grey as is stated by the ebay advert)

If this is something that helps people, please let me know, if I am late with this stuff or it's useless, again, poke me with a stick for being the n00b I am.

Cheers guys, LOVE this site so much...
  2. Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Jul 30, 2010, 5:56 PM - Re: Visor Plastic/Perspex available here (some skill needed to shape) #2

That looks like it would work great, nice find
    Jul 30, 2010, 7:37 PM - Re: Visor Plastic/Perspex available here (some skill needed to shape) #3

Thankyou.
    It is 3mm thick and I have found that using a small drill, or a micro drill with a cutter installed will help trim the plastic to shape.
    I have been using my cutter tonight, it takes a while but it does work.
    Once it is bent insto shape it is a really nice and cheap option for a decent visor for those working to a budget, like me.
    Jul 31, 2010, 12:44 AM - Re: Visor Plastic/Perspex available here (some skill needed to shape) #4

here you go this is where most get there visor from
    http://www.t-visor.com/