Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Jul 25, 2014, 1:09 PM - Re: Visor installation? #176

What I did was to put a screw in the part you're going to glue to the helmet. Then I scuffed up the area around the opening with sandpaper. And then I cut small squares of fiberglass and cut a small slit in it. The slit slips Over the screw hole. Then I put a layer of resin down and position my screws on the surface. Then I gently put the fiberglass square over the screw and covering the base of the female portion. Leaving no resin on the screw. Then apply additional resin on top of the fiberglass use as many layers as you want. I did this step before drilling the holes in the glass. Has worked like a charm so far. Make sure you give it a solid 24-48 hours to cure before you try to suck the lens to it. A little love with a heat gun can make the process of sucking the lens down with the screws a lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Member Since
    Sep 2014
    Jan 16, 2015, 1:34 PM - Re: Visor installation? #177

Greetings Fellow Mercs!

I am wondering what everyone uses for their visors? I used a piece of transparency and then just put window tint over it, but it is very hard to see out of. Where would one get better quality plastic and different colors?
    Mar 2, 2015, 9:01 PM - Re: Visor installation? #178

Quote DarkStar said: View Post
    Greetings Fellow Mercs!

I am wondering what everyone uses for their visors? I used a piece of transparency and then just put window tint over it, but it is very hard to see out of. Where would one get better quality plastic and different colors?
    Since my helmet is a scratch-built pepakura, I used a tinted face shield that I cut to fit with a Dremmel tool. Here's a link to the specific one I bought. For the cast helmets, it seems everyone goes to t-visor.com.

-Queso
    Mar 4, 2015, 4:14 PM - Re: Visor installation? #179

Well in my helmet I use Hot Slilicon to join the visor at Helmet. that´s was very difficult but finally it work
  5. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Mar 12, 2015, 11:05 PM - Re: Visor installation? #180

o!my ga,
  6. Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Mar 13, 2015, 12:45 AM - Re: Visor installation? #181

Happy Star Wars Day! This is an exciting time for the fandom. A new trilogy? Stand-alone films? A fresh supply of “Star Wars” at least through 2020, if not beyond? I’m so excited I could tear the ears off a Gundark! We have seen the end of George Lucas (he’s still creatively consulting on the new movie) and we may soon see the end of the rebellion.

Perhaps things are going too well, in fact. I can feel myself growing stealthily optimistic. And that’s always dangerous. “Star Wars” fandom is often the triumph of hope over experience. It is moments of complete, transcendent joy, followed by periods of anxious waiting, moments of bitter disappointment, and then long wilderness years of merchandising. We nestle under our Empire Strikes Back comforters, clutching our Darth Vader towels and Princess Leia shampoo bottles, and hope, fervently. “This time will be different,” we tell ourselves, purchasing tickets to the “Clone Wars” feature-length prequel.