Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jan 28, 2013, 10:16 PM - Re: Visor installation? #151

The magnet idea might work, but I don't know of anyone that has tried it. I wa aging to do it with the binding screws, but I became too impatient and just used epoxy and hot glue. It looks like poop on the inside but it should hold and you can't see anything from the outside of the helm so that's good enough for now.
  2. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 28, 2013, 10:22 PM - Re: Visor installation? #152

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    Ok, a couple of questions regarding the visor. What color should it be? the visor that I got from Asok with my CC bucket is green, but the visor I just recieved from t-visor.com is brown, which one should I use? Second, should I sand the inside of the helm so the visor fits snuggly against the inside? How far down should it go, should it line up with the bottom of the helm where the visor goes? What color should I paint the inside? I am not looking for 100% accuracy, but something that would pass the 501st. I think I am going the chicago screw method, so at least I have an idea of how I am going to put the visor in the helm, once I figure out which one I should use.
    Green is correct....

Magnets wont hold the visor in, I assure you. Screws, the tape method someone just came up with, deadland? I dunno if it was or not or hot glue....the tape works really nice if you get gorrilla glue duct tape it will hold the visor in really well.
    Jan 29, 2013, 12:44 AM - Re: Visor installation? #153

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Green is correct....

Magnets wont hold the visor in, I assure you. Screws, the tape method someone just came up with, deadland? I dunno if it was or not or hot glue....the tape works really nice if you get gorrilla glue duct tape it will hold the visor in really well.
    Green is correct for the ROTJ SE version, but for the ESB Hero I think it was a smoked (brown or black) visor.

The tape method was just to even the surface between the T-visor and the helmet interior and it was made by dynamic1. If I remember correctly, he hot glued in the T-visor then used the tape only for cosmetic reasons.
    Jan 29, 2013, 1:05 AM - Re: Visor installation? #154

I think your right Raf, if I remember correctly he used the tape to cover up the glue and epoxy he used to mount the visor. I think he sells them too for around $16. I'm going to try to find that thread because I need one to cover up the mess that is the inside of my lid.
    Jan 29, 2013, 1:11 AM - Re: Visor installation? #155

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    I think your right Raf, if I remember correctly he used the tape to cover up the glue and epoxy he used to mount the visor. I think he sells them too for around $16. I'm going to try to find that thread because I need one to cover up the mess that is the inside of my lid.
    Here it is ==> PP1 EARS FOR THIRDETHREE
    Jan 29, 2013, 1:19 AM - Re: Visor installation? #156

Again, you the man Raf.
  7. Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Jan 29, 2013, 2:05 AM - Re: Visor installation? #157

Quote TK7100 said: View Post
    Anyone had their T-Visor crack? I was drilling the holes into the visor so I can use the bolt method and it cracked in half. The bit is new and sharp, and I didn't put any pressure on it at all. It's a nice visor, but seems very brittle.
    A little late to the party but it may help someone else out. The T-visor visor appears to be made from acrylic or possibly plexi. What I do when working with both of these is to apply masking tape over the area I am cutting/drilling. Not sure the physics behind this but it was how I was taught to cut Plexi/acrylic sheets and it hasn't failed me yet.
  8. Member Since
    Feb 2013
    Feb 28, 2013, 1:04 AM - Re: Visor installation? #158

Thank you for this thread! will be very useful in the future. I got 3 buckets that need visors installed and this thread is very helpful! Thanks to everyone who contributed...
    May 12, 2013, 7:10 PM - Re: Visor installation? #159

I found this a few years back on the 405th when i was making halo helmet visors and have been using it ever since.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	228 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	68730
    it is a more complicated way than simply cutting up a visor and only usable if you have a vacuum former, but its what i use
    May 12, 2013, 7:29 PM - Re: Visor installation? #160

any pics?
  11. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    May 22, 2013, 6:57 PM - Re: Visor intallation? #161

I used glue on my first helmet, but the first time I bumped against something the glue broke and I couldn't wear the helmet for the rest of the day I'm just starting to build my second helmet, so this time I'm thinking about using rubber bolts that would keep it on but also provide a little flexibility.
  12. Member Since
    May 2013
    May 30, 2013, 8:59 PM - Re: Visor installation? #162

Great ideas and photos here! Thanks guys! Hopefully I'll find a good method for my visor with this information.
    Jun 9, 2013, 8:43 PM - Re: Visor installation? #163

What do you guys use as a template for cutting the visor out?
    Jun 9, 2013, 8:59 PM - Re: Visor installation? #164

Quote TimT said: View Post
    What do you guys use as a template for cutting the visor out?
    I've always used a broken down cereal box. Just put it in the helmet and take a pen and trace the opening from the outside. Then add about half an inch all the way around and you're good to go!
  15. Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Jun 20, 2013, 11:36 PM - Re: Visor installation? #165

Hello everyone so the ESB had a black or brown visor and not green ?
    Jun 28, 2013, 7:04 PM - Re: Visor installation? #166

Thanks Wes!
    Oct 24, 2013, 2:05 AM - Re: Visor installation? #167

What visor at tvisor.com fits the Asok bucket to allow the Chicago screws method?
    Oct 24, 2013, 11:33 AM - Re: Visor installation? #168

Hi, Renegade, I have the Asok helmet , I reccomend the DELUXE T-visor for thta helmet. Check my helmet tutorial here:
    I used a special glue like epoxi, but more strong:

TUTORIAL CASCO A1 HELMET PEDRO NIEVES Photos by snowaure | Photobucket

and check the bucket-gallery, there is my two helmets final works...............Pedro Nieves-Peter Snow, Maracay, Venezuela..
  19. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Nov 2, 2013, 6:58 AM - Re: Visor intallation? #169

Quote Jango72 said: View Post
    I use a variation on Spideyfetts method, but I use chicago or boston screws with plastic, kitchen faucet washers.

are you epoxying the female portion onto the inner portion of the helm?
    i made mine pepakua style so i have a ledge just inside that goes all the way to the face of the helm. its not flush to the inner portion of the visor like yours is
    Apr 26, 2014, 1:41 PM - Re: Visor installation? #170

This is how i did mine .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0022.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	269.1 KB 
ID:	76444
    I glued in some Chicago screws with some hot glue.
    I also took a small piece of acrylic glass and bended it slightly with some hot air.
    This keeps my helmets cheeks together and its transparent enough to go unnoticed from the outside.

Edit : I just might add some rubber washers later and try to find a way to hold the visor in place at the bottom.
  21. Member Since
    May 2014
    May 16, 2014, 12:48 AM - Re: Visor intallation? #171

Quote gnolivos said: View Post
    Well, I am having troubles with this. I bought my T-VIsor from en eBay seller that carries tons of these, and now that I have it I realize that the vertical portion of the 'T' is exactly as wide as the opening on the mask. This leaves no room for attaching it properly. I can't even hot-glue it in there, let alone bolt it.

Ideas?!
    Is it like a polarized lenz or something?
    Jul 2, 2014, 11:14 AM - Re: Visor installation? #172

Great thread! Very helpful for us noobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jul 4, 2014, 3:57 AM - Re: Visor installation? #173

we all start some where

- - - Updated - - -

we all start some where
  24. Member Since
    Aug 2013
    Jul 25, 2014, 9:07 AM - Re: Visor installation? #174

I tried installing my visor using the chicago screw method and epoxying the bolt shanks to the inside of the helmet, but when I got the visor in the epoxy didn't hold and the shanks were pulled off of the helmet. I think because my t-visor isn't shaped perfectly for the helmet (probably need the visor to bend a little more) so I have to kind of force it in. Has anyone encountered this issue? Is there an epoxy that will keep the shanks in there or a way to get the visor to bend and shape better to the inside of the helmet?
  25. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Jul 25, 2014, 2:03 PM - Re: Visor installation? #175

I had this exact problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk