Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Subscribe
    Nov 21, 2008, 3:28 PM - Re: Visor intallation? #51

I used hot glue.

David.
  2. Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Nov 21, 2008, 4:08 PM - Re: Visor intallation? #52

Wow, really your explication is great¡¡¡ I din't know how to make moving to my visor, I did 2 mini helmets to my childs, and they always ask me why they doesn't have movement.

TKS, Finally the visor´s helmets to my childs are going to be movement.

Regards
  3. Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Nov 21, 2008, 4:43 PM - Re: Visor intallation? #53

Quote Jaiden said: View Post
    I used hot glue.

David.
    cool, thanks, I'll probably get to a bit of slicing later tonight
    Nov 25, 2008, 5:19 PM - Re: Visor intallation? #54

Nice way to do that...i just use hot glue too....
    Nov 28, 2008, 6:05 AM - Re: Visor installation? #55

Nice idea of useing bolts to hold your visor in place, good work!

~Marco Fett
    Last edited by MarcoFett; Nov 28, 2008 at 6:06 AM. Reason: forgot signature
    Dec 14, 2008, 7:33 AM - Re: Visor installation? #56

whats the best material to use for a visor????
    Jan 10, 2009, 6:53 PM - Re: Visor installation? #57

I found the bolts an excellent system to use. Looks neater and easy to change. I just pre-drilled two other visors ready for use. Before this thread I was going to hot glue it in.
  8. Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Jan 21, 2009, 7:10 PM - Re: Visor installation? #58

looks really wierd......... donno what it is.........
    Jan 22, 2009, 5:42 AM - Re: Visor installation? #59

Quote Jangojack350 said: View Post
    whats the best material to use for a visor????
    Welding face shield. For the time and money, I'd say go with T-visor.com.

David.
    Jan 27, 2009, 5:30 PM - Re: Visor installation? #60

well back when I did a Clone helmet for a friend he found some fiber glass and was able to cut it and mold it and then he slapped some of that do it yourself window tinting on it and I cut him a recess in the visor line and he snapped it right in. Sure it didnt look too kosher but it worked for him
  11. Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Jan 27, 2009, 7:47 PM - Re: Visor installation? #61

Quote DarthTuburculosis said: View Post
    well back when I did a Clone helmet for a friend he found some fiber glass and was able to cut it and mold it and then he slapped some of that do it yourself window tinting on it and I cut him a recess in the visor line and he snapped it right in. Sure it didnt look too kosher but it worked for him
    I saw something like this on the mercs website. this is where I found it.

http://www.darksidesithlord.com/my-c...eation-01.html

The guy heats up some plexiglass from a paper holder until its the shape he wants and then he he cuts out the visor and tents it. you should check it out. It looks good.
    Jan 27, 2009, 8:11 PM - Re: Visor installation? #62

oh wow he cut his out of sheet metal I like that, gives it a really authentic Mando look. I dont know where he got the templates from though. The only thing i can find for Wizard of Flight was some HALO blue prints
    Last edited by DarthTB; Jan 27, 2009 at 8:25 PM.
  13. Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Feb 21, 2009, 11:44 AM - Re: Visor installation? #63

Thanks for lots of great information.
    Mar 8, 2009, 9:53 PM - Re: Visor installation? #64

Thanks for the advice. I used glue at first but the heat just made it unstickyish...
    Apr 19, 2009, 7:31 AM - Re: Visor installation? #65

Since were talking about the visor, What do you guys do about the visor fogging up. Am I just a heavy breather or what. It doesn't effect my vision unliss I have to look down. There was this spray I used when I would scuba dive but I never knew the name and it was something that was around and never looked at the name. Most guys just spit on there lense. Not for me. I saw a fan in the pix and thought that was a good idea. What do the veterans have to say on this? Thank you.
    Apr 19, 2009, 7:59 AM - Re: Visor installation? #66

I have the Novus Plastic polish for my TK costume. Bottle #1 is a cleaner and works well as a defogger in my TK helmet and my snowmobile helmet.

FANS!!! You want to keep the air temp on the inside as close to the air temp on the outside, and the moisture out. I haven't installed fans in my Boba bucket yet, but I may go with two squirrel cage fans for circulation. One to blow air down and out, the other to bring it in. Plus the fresh air blowing in keeps you from feeling enclosed.

On my TK I noticed that the lenses don't touch the helmet 100%, there are a few little gaps, allowing air to move. I may do the same with my Boba, leave a little gap, as long as it goes unseen.

Good luck !
    May 11, 2009, 1:27 PM - Re: Visor installation? #67

Where inside the helmet would you put the fans? Need all the Ideas I can find!!
    May 11, 2009, 7:59 PM - Re: Visor installation? #68

Thanks Timmer. Squirrel cage fans are what, The computer fans? How about a power supply. I'm getting a hollow stalk and RF and if I put two fans in along with the LEDs, what is going to power all that up. As I mentioned before, The helmet in past threads has a cool set up. I will PM him to find out. Thanks for the help.
    May 12, 2009, 4:42 AM - Re: Visor installation? #69

Squirrel cage fans look like a hair dryer without the handle. The computer fans are generally flat, but I guess both are found inside various computers.

Here's a link: http://www.buyextras.com/dcbrblfa.html

20 dBA is a not too loud, but a friend recommended keep below 45 dBA, it might be pretty loud in your helmet.
  20. Member Since
    May 2009
    May 12, 2009, 6:34 AM - Re: Visor intallation? #70

How exactly do the fans work ? do they extract to somewhere or pick up and pull fresh air through a vent ?
    Cheers.

Halo_1;297451]Quick question, which helmet do you own, and did you get the correct 'sized' visor? I know 'R' offers 3 versions so as to NOT have this problem.

My set up...

Stay safe,

Tim.[/QUOTE]
    May 12, 2009, 5:23 PM - Re: Visor intallation? #71

I believe that the squirrel cage fans pick up air at the center of the circular part, then obviously blow it out the straight part. The computer fans as shown above look like they circulate whatever air is in the helmet, unless they are vented from behind somehow. Any air circulation is a plus. My local Vader has zero fans, I can't figure out how he survives ! That's a really nice, cleanly designed bucket interior you have Slinger !!

Another option, which I haven't really seen anyone do, is to mount a fan over the keyslots in the back of the helmet. On one hand, you give up accuracy by losing the calculator piece normally placed there, on the other, it's a sweet spot to ventilate ( provided your hair doesn't get caught ! ).

I also thought about getting speaker grill cloth or some other thin material to cover the keyslots. You could paint it or silkscreen it to look like the calc. part, but have a fan there to blow air out, or draw it in.
  22. Member Since
    May 2009
    May 20, 2009, 6:02 PM - Re: Visor installation? #72

can anyone give me tips on getting the right sizes and dimmensions of the helmet? im goin to make my very own helmet out of sheet metal, and i will need a 1 2 3 guide from the beggining to end, im kinda new here and i cant really get around here well,so if anyone could please be of assistance to a Boba bro i would greatly appreciate it.
    May 21, 2009, 4:25 PM - Re: Visor installation? #73

What's the best way to line up the holes when doing the bolt method.

I was thinking of first drilling the holes in the visor, placing it in the right spot then just marking through the hole with a marking pen of some kind. I'm just concerned about the angle of the nut, if I glue it in at the wrong angle, it won't line up with the bolt coming through the visor.

Any thoughts ?
  24. May 23, 2009, 7:37 PM - Re: Visor installation? #74

Just curious everyone,how do u tent you visor,and what would you recemind to use for the visor it self? ty=]
  25. Member Since
    May 2009
    May 27, 2009, 12:22 AM - Re: Visor installation? #75

Are there any drawbacks to only cutting out the eye slot part of the helmet before installing a visor? I'm thinking mostly about structural integrity and longevity.