Visor helpSubscribe
  1. ObitomoFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    301
    Jan 7, 2016, 4:39 AM - Visor help #1

    Hey guys and gal's, I'm gaining headwind with my costume and need a little bit of help regarding my visor.

    UniSafe Shade 5 Visor | BOC Australia

    What do you guys think of this visor for a ROTJ build, I think this looks pretty promising however I don't know how to cut it properly or what's the best idea for a visor?
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. syllander's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,569
    Jan 7, 2016, 4:44 AM - Re: Visor help #2

    Have you checked out T visor.com? There's are the correct thickness, and come cut to fit(for the most part). Smoke color is preferred over the green. Not sure what shipping would run down under though.
  4. ObitomoFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    301
    Jan 7, 2016, 5:20 AM - Re: Visor help #3

    Quote syllander said: View Post
    Have you checked out T visor.com? There's are the correct thickness, and come cut to fit(for the most part). Smoke color is preferred over the green. Not sure what shipping would run down under though.
    Sure have only problem is the shipping bumps it all up to 50 dollars Australian.
  5. intwenothor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,342
    Jan 7, 2016, 7:11 AM - Re: Visor help #4

    I know there are a lot of happy T visor customers out there but international shipping does make it a bit of a non starter. I bought myself some dark grey 3mm A4 perspex sheets. I hand cut mine but I suspect it would be even easier with some kind of power tool. These sheets are easy to pick up, cheap, and accurate.

    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/i...30/#post676904
  6. ShortFuse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    82
    Jan 7, 2016, 8:38 PM - Re: Visor help #5

    Quote ObitomoFett said: View Post
    Hey guys and gal's, I'm gaining headwind with my costume and need a little bit of help regarding my visor.

    UniSafe Shade 5 Visor | BOC Australia

    What do you guys think of this visor for a ROTJ build, I think this looks pretty promising however I don't know how to cut it properly or what's the best idea for a visor?
    That one is very similar to the one I just bought. It already had a curve to it. I rough cut it out with a Dremmel tool and then used sand paper to smooth it out.
  7. ObitomoFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    301
    Jan 11, 2016, 12:06 AM - Re: Visor help #6

    Quote intwenothor said: View Post
    I know there are a lot of happy T visor customers out there but international shipping does make it a bit of a non starter. I bought myself some dark grey 3mm A4 perspex sheets. I hand cut mine but I suspect it would be even easier with some kind of power tool. These sheets are easy to pick up, cheap, and accurate.

    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/i...30/#post676904
    Just curious as to how much and where you got these sheets from?
  8. intwenothor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,342
    Jan 11, 2016, 5:49 AM - Re: Visor help #7

    Just typed into the Internet and chose the best value supplier. Can't remember which exactly as there are hundreds out there.
  9. ObitomoFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    301
    Jan 11, 2016, 10:19 PM - Re: Visor help #8

    Quote ShortFuse said: View Post
    That one is very similar to the one I just bought. It already had a curve to it. I rough cut it out with a Dremmel tool and then used sand paper to smooth it out.
    Can you link me your one?
  10. ObitomoFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    301
    Jan 11, 2016, 10:23 PM - Re: Visor help #9

    Quote intwenothor said: View Post
    Just typed into the Internet and chose the best value supplier. Can't remember which exactly as there are hundreds out there.
    Transparent Dark Grey Acrylic Plexiglass Perspex 3mm x 210mm x 300mm A4 Sheet | eBay

    Something like this?
  11. intwenothor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,342
    Jan 12, 2016, 4:06 AM - Re: Visor help #10

    Pretty much.
  12. ShortFuse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    82
    Jan 12, 2016, 6:41 PM - Re: Visor help #11

    Quote ObitomoFett said: View Post
    Can you link me your one?
    https://www.northernsafety.com/Searc...&x3=category-3
  13. ObitomoFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    301
    Jan 12, 2016, 10:58 PM - Re: Visor help #12

    The green one? How does it feel vision wise?
  14. ShortFuse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    82
    Jan 12, 2016, 11:05 PM - Re: Visor help #13

    Yes. It is very easy to see out of but does not show the wearers face when wearing the helmet. It does not appear to be as green as it does in the photos. It probably isn't movie accurate but it looks nice in my opinion.
  15. ObitomoFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    301
    Jan 13, 2016, 12:35 AM - Re: Visor help #14

    Anyone got visors from Bobamaker?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote ShortFuse said: View Post
    Yes. It is very easy to see out of but does not show the wearers face when wearing the helmet. It does not appear to be as green as it does in the photos. It probably isn't movie accurate but it looks nice in my opinion.
    Does your vision come out clear or green?
  16. ShortFuse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    82
    Jan 13, 2016, 5:48 AM - Re: Visor help #15

    Quote ObitomoFett said: View Post
    Anyone got visors from Bobamaker?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Does your vision come out clear or green?
    It is green.
  17. intwenothor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,342
    Jan 13, 2016, 9:42 AM - Re: Visor help #16

    Visor should be grey.
  18. ShortFuse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    82
    Jan 14, 2016, 7:42 PM - Re: Visor help #17

    Quote intwenothor said: View Post
    Visor should be grey.
    I agree. Although you can not tell it is green by looking at it when it is attached to the helmet. Only when you are looking through it, it gives everything a green tint. It is only temporary until I can find a replacement that I am happy with.
  19. intwenothor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,342
    Jan 15, 2016, 3:28 AM - Re: Visor help #18

    I'm not sure exactly what you mean but the visor should definitely be grey. There was a lot of discussion over the proper colour for years and that was mostly due to the fact that the visor looked green in many exhibit photo's but it was a matter that was eventually locked down a couple of years back; visor is dark grey, rigid, 3mm perspex.
  20. ryan101011's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    182
    Jan 18, 2016, 7:12 AM - Re: Visor help #19

    cut it yourself, it is not too hard and can save you a big wad of cash
  21. ObitomoFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    301
    Jan 29, 2016, 4:22 PM - Re: Visor help #20

    Ended up sucking it up and purchasing a T-visor from T-visor.com
    Came super quick and despite the cost I think it was worth it.

    tumblr_o1qijnnony1qcqj8qo1_250-jpg

Similar Threads

  1. Visor
    By Strife in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct 6, 2010, 12:23 AM
  2. T-visor
    By DACONA KAST in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 5, 2008, 9:38 PM
  3. Need help with T-Visor
    By Marx Tandish in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Nov 11, 2006, 11:21 AM
  4. T visor
    By Phantom017 in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Sep 10, 2006, 10:22 PM
  5. Visor ?
    By Sir BobaFett in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 8, 2005, 8:37 PM