A versatile Boba/ Jango Fett Skateboard helmet

A versatile Boba/ Jango Fett Skateboard helmet

First of all let me start by telling you all that I am a skateboarder, snowboarder and fett admirer. Secondly after seeing how many of have made your own helmets I was hoping for some help in making my own. What I want to do is build a fett helmet to protect my brains and I also want to run two really flat speaker drivers in it and run a wrieless headset antenna up the "scope" of the helmet. That way I can shred like the bounty hunter I am. I may do the same with trooper helmets, depending on how this goes.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Re: A versatile Boba/ Jango Fett Skateboard helmet

So you want to modify a skateboard helmet into a boba helmet and have it still usable? Or you want to paint a skateboard helmet up like a boba helmet?

formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    From
    Manchester, England

???????????

I don't want to simply paint a skateboard helmet to look like a boba I mean modify the helmet into a boba helmet, but still have it be usable. So the first one.

From
    USAF Utah

Ummmmm Im thinking you could do it but if you know how but i think using it would make it crack eventually

From
    Houston, Texas

I have a Jango fiberglass helmet that is big enough to be extra-padded on the inside and also to hold the earphones you mention
    PM me if interested

From
    USAF Utah

but hes wanting to make it safe for skateboarding

From
    Houston, Texas

you are right, not sure about that then, i guess just a certified entity ie DOT, etc can really be sure taht it is safe

skate helmet foam is the only regulated thing and it is done so voluntarily. The helmet would need to be able to suffer multiple impacts. a rubberized outside is usually ideal,but would be difficult in this case. take a look at the foam at this link http://www.xsportsprotective.com/hel...ion-guide.html. As far as the logistics of the wireless headphones go, I'm not sure any one makes them in that sort of size or capacity. Again any help is appreciated, oh and if you have a prefabbed helmet send me some pics.

Oh by the way I am a longboarder, so it wouldn't get too banged up but when you fall at high speeds it's nice to have a brain bucket.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

If you look in these forums you can see that some guys made a helmet using the WOF templates and a skateboarding helmet as the dome. You would just have to fill un the vent holes at the top. If you left the helmet intact then you wouldn't be sacrificing the structural integrity of the helmet.

I would be concerned with two things though:

1. Visibility - the visor does limit your field of vision. Even if you widened it I don't know how much you'll be missing.

2. If you ever fall and the helmet gets hit then it will most likely damadge the work you put into making the helmet.

Hope this helps!