Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

*UPDATE-COMPLETE 5/3/12:Jayvee's deluxe ESB paint up (with an awesome BGHunter lid..)

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Re: *UPDATE-COMPLETE 5/3/12:Jayvee's deluxe ESB paint up (with an awesome BGHunter li

dynamic1 said: View Post
    Hey Jeyvee- Yep almost. Fett7 has grasciously volunteered to sand up a few of the bits so I can get on w/ the paint-up in the next week or so. Work has had me extremely busy the last few weeks...you know how it is. Anyhow, thanks for checking in. I have some armor coming as well so that should be fun.
    B
    Sweet mate, sounds great, im sure it will all look lovely on completion :-)

From
    Darwin River Northern Territory

Re: *UPDATE-COMPLETE 5/3/12:Jayvee's deluxe ESB paint up (with an awesome BGHunter li

that one crisp paint job, awsome all up

From
    Perth, Western Australia

RobaFett said: View Post
    that one crisp paint job, awsome all up
    Why thank you kind Sir!

From
    Helsinki, Finland (Yeah, I'm one with the penguins)

Heck, now that is something. REALLY something mate!

Thanks, I just stumbled on this thread, and I've been scared ****less to begin this road meself, and always finding another thing to do on my SE Fett.. This really helps me on the helmet.

Thank you, for the inspiration and paint lists, this thread is GOLD with the TF thread.. Now I just need to get a new respirator so I do not paint my lungs while I tackle the helmet..

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Very welcome chibi fett, and thanks for the kind words. Feel free to drop me a line anytime if you have any questions :-)

From
    Edmonton AB, Canada

this is the kind of things that make me wish i had half of a talent (or time) that you have shown here. keep up the great work.

From
    Pennsylvania

What electronics go in the helmet? Also who sells the chin strap? Are you going to put in a small fan, if so what type of fan do you use? My Asok helm came in and now I'm compiling all the templates and paint colors. Did you do this paint job with an airbrush?

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Hi Jc27 - yes, this paintup is indeed a fully airbrushed job. I use a paasche single action for large coverage areas, and a delta dual action for detail work. I wont be installing any fans, as its for display purposes and I wont be trooping in it, so I have produced an interior to look in line with the screen used helmet. The electronics were provided by the awesonlme seller of the helmet BGHunter, and he did much research for correct parts. They are however, dummy parts, and dont activate anything specific. Others do have working parts in thier interior, however, mine was purely designed for correct aesthetics. Lastly, the chinstrap was off a cricket helmet, I believe the actual screen used item is from an older model police riot helmetHope that was of some help, peace :-)

From
    New South Wales, Australia

*bump* Just making this awesome thread easier to find.... especially if somebody wanted to make it a sticky?!

From
    Galati, Romania

hobbit057 said: View Post
    *bump* Just making this awesome thread easier to find.... especially if somebody wanted to make it a sticky?!
    Same here!

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Hey Jayvee- You know I love the smooth interior but man..YOU NAILED THIS!!!!! AMAZING!!!

From
    Perth, Western Australia

G'day gang - I don't often like pulling my threads up from the dead, but since being ressurected in the last week by a few kind folks, i've had several requsts to update the colour list like I did in my ROTJ thread. Like that thread, I have done so in the very first post. However, I would like to strongly stress that all the colour props should go to Garrett (Terminal Fettler). I used his list almost to the tee, with only a few very minor changes here and there. I would hate to take credit for somebody elses hard work. Likewise, RafalFett was the one who nailed down all the fine details, which to this point was not seen as often. While it was one of the first threads to incorporate all that awesome research, I was simply only the painter, so it was a huge collaboration, which without both of these gentlemen's help, may never have happenned. So this is as much a thread showcasing all thier hard work as much as mine. Peace

From

The "How to paint your ESB helmet accurately"guide, or "The ESB helmet painters Bible".... is now complete! Oh, just needs to be a "sticky"!

From
    Galati, Romania

hobbit057 said: View Post
    The "How to paint your ESB helmet accurately"guide, or "The ESB helmet painters Bible".... is now complete! Oh, just needs to be a "sticky"!
    Same here!

From
    shanghai, china

this thread has to be sticky !!!!!!!!!!!!

From

*BUMP* Sticky!

From
    Perth, Western Australia

This thread keeps popping back up, but I had a nice little update I was eager to share. This helmet is currently in the hands of one of my very closest friends Karl, and he is working his magic on this lil' guy with his camera. He has actually been a member here for a little while, just generally perusing the boards, but believe me when I say - he is an absolute wizard on the camera, and a heck of a nice guy to boot.

Now, one thing about ol' Karlos, is that he is as pedantic with his photos, as I am with my painting. So i will update this thread in a couple of weeks, when the final shots are done. However, as a little 'teaser', the great man was doing a little bit of light testing, and passed on an 'advanced screening' shot for me to share. This is a lower resolution shot, just for the sake of the thread - and does have his light watermark - but he does have the higher res versions of them which are about 15mb each, and show all sorts of crazy detail, that with the naked eye, I didnt even know existed... Now, bear in mind that there will be more angles, the background may be changed, the lighting and colours may differ, and the base will likely be changed or at least shortened. But here's a nice little 'Studio teaser' for y'all. Enjoy my friends, peace

215647_10151404635769188_3331579_n-png

From
    Galati, Romania

I had a hunch that Karlos is a friend of you (from his introduction ==> G'day (aka Greetings from Australia), especially this line "I've jumped onto this forum following a mate who has done some awesome paintups...") and now I see that he has your helmet as his avatar. That's cool! Can't wait to see those images made by a pro for a pro!

From
    Perth, Western Australia

haha, excellent sleuthing Rafal, guilty as charged!

We've been talking about getting some awesome shots for a while - have now managed to get the time to put the full effort in as anything less than total commitment on my behalf wouldn't do justice to the build and paintwork.
    So lets hope by sometime next week Jayvee is uploading the final shots! And lets hope I can get them perfect (thats actually a fair bit of pressure on a site like this)

Cheers,
    K.

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Greetings gang! Sorry to drag this old thread up from the dead (again), but my very good bud Karlos (Karlos108 as he's known here), has provided me with some lovely studio shots of this lid, so thought it was silly to post a new thread, seeing as this was the original WIP. So a nice way to put some closure on this thread. Fantastic photography from the great man, not much more to add other than the shots themselves! These are the versions in lower res for the purposes of the site, but hi-res versions were indeed taken, with all sorts of crazy detail showing up! Once im back from my U.S. trip, my ROTJ lid is next in line for similar treatment! Hope you enjoy my friends, peace

360 views (Group 1)

boba-fett-esb-142-1200p-jpgboba-fett-esb-143-1200p-jpgboba-fett-esb-150-1200p-jpgboba-fett-esb-152-1200p-jpgboba-fett-esb-161-1200p-jpgboba-fett-esb-167-1200p-jpg

360 shots (Group 2)

boba-fett-esb-171-1200p-jpgboba-fett-esb-177-1200p-jpgboba-fett-esb-180-1200p-jpgboba-fett-esb-193-1200p-jpgboba-fett-esb-200-1200p-jpgboba-fett-esb-204-1200p-jpg
    Last edited by Jayvee; Jul 3, 2013 at 1:20 AM.

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Detail Shots

What I really like about quality cameras, is that they pick up minute details like the yellow stains, which aren't as visible in other shots. Not to mention other details that even I never knew existed with the naked eye..

boba-fett-esb-209-1200p-jpgboba-fett-esb-213-1200p-jpgboba-fett-esb-216-1200p-jpgboba-fett-esb-222-1200p-jpg

From
    Sacramento, California

Incredible! Great job.

From
    Frederick, United States

I cannot tell you how many times I have read this thread over and over. This is what motivated me to buy an airbrush kit, a decent collection of Humbrol paints and take a shot at painting my own. I know it won't be easy, but if I can follow your instructions and figure out how to properly use the stencils I think I will be happy with the end product. The pride at wearing a helmet of this quality that you actually painted must be pretty **** good. I hope I can get it close to right.

For all that is holy how is this not a sticky yet?

From
    Newport News, VA

Wow, absolutely fantastic shots!

So you're finally coming to the U.S. to deliver that ROTJ helmet to me? About time!

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Thankyou kindly gents!

Vultana - wow, thanks for the huge props. To hear that some of my work has helped inspire someone else, is likely one of the greatest compliments to receive, and I am truly humbled.

Eric - remember when I asked that we just cleverly disguise the ROTJ handover as another volleyball and relaxation trip? Let's just stick to that original plan big guy ;-) But in all seriousness, why would you need mine with the mad, 'layer-opical' skills that you possess? You'd do a ripping ROTJ job methinks! :-)