Subscribe
  1. Sep 22, 2005, 6:50 PM - UK Paints. #1

Hey, guys and gals.

Sorry I haven't been posting much...I've just had too many things on my plate as of late.

This is going to be a bit of a silly question, but a while back, before I registered (I think), I was doing a bit of research on TDH for UK based paint schemes and suppliers. I remembered using the search function and I did come up with a pretty good list of colours, but that was a couple of months ago, and being the mong that I am, I forgot to bookmark that page...Yeah, how dumb am I?

Unfortunetly, now the time has come around to start looking into things again, low and behold, I can't seem to find the pages I was looking at before.

I was just wondering if any UK based Fettheads here know of any good threads that can help me nail down some of the paints (and/or locations of where to get them from) I will be requiring for my bucket/armour? I ask this, because, obviously the brands and colours we use are named differently to our counterparts in the States. I mean, I will continue to look, but if anyone has any advice, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Oh, if it helps, I'm planning to go down the ESB bucket/AOSW armour route.

Cheers,

Mark.
  2. Sep 23, 2005, 5:20 AM - Re: UK Paints. #2

Im in a similar situation, trying to source accurate colours for an ESB helmet here in the UK

I have bought some acrylic paints from HobbyCraft which seem close-ish but I'm going to paint up a piece of scrap plastic in the same way Id paint the bucket and see how they look. When I get round to it I'l post pics and ask the boards opinion on the colours.

I was given the list of colours by bobamaker. PM him and he can send you the list. I dont want to take credit and pass on info that he spent along time researching.

Hope that helps a little.

Cool avatar by the way . . .Spaced is ace!
    Sep 23, 2005, 6:03 AM - Re: UK Paints. #3

Give Tamiya paints a try They do a olive colour which should be alright
  4. Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Sep 23, 2005, 6:27 AM - Re: UK Paints. #4

talk about timing.

I painted the base colours of my helmet with tamiya paint yesterday.

The olive green is good but you have to mix it with alot of white and i little bit of blue.

I used standard flat red mixed witha small amount of blue, black/green with a bit of extra black in it for the cheeks.

I cant remember the name of the colours i used on the back but ill check tonight.

Once they dried, that looked preety spot on.

I used tamiya paints
    Quote -BobaFett- said:
    Give Tamiya paints a try They do a olive colour which should be alright
    Sep 23, 2005, 3:49 PM - Re: UK Paints. #5

Try this thread for bobamakers colour list

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...164#post117164

these are what I used, apart from the dome and lower cheeks, for these I used Humbrol Dark Green 32 (personal choice)

If you struggle getting any of thse paints (some are being discontinued) i've got a couple of spare bottles you could have for a couple of quid.

Jon
    BH1195

Still needs a bit more weathering but heres a few pics to give you an idea

Last edited by fett-uk; Sep 23, 2005 at 3:55 PM.
    Sep 24, 2005, 3:01 PM - Re: UK Paints. #6

I've noticed that 'Folk Art' are being discontinued. So I have now found the colours using other brand names, I've got an updated list showing all the new colours, please PM me if you would like a copy of this pdf file.

The dome and cheek colour that I've chosen does look a little light when first sprayed, but believe me, once it's weathered and sealed the colour looks dead right.

DAZ
  7. Sep 25, 2005, 10:32 AM - Re: UK Paints. #7

Quote fett-uk said:
    Try this thread for bobamakers colour list

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...164#post117164
    You're not going to believe it, but that was the thread I was looking for!

Thanks again to all parties!
    Sep 25, 2005, 5:42 PM - Re: UK Paints. #8

Quote bobamaker said:
    I've noticed that 'Folk Art' are being discontinued. So I have now found the colours using other brand names, I've got an updated list showing all the new colours, please PM me if you would like a copy of this pdf file.

The dome and cheek colour that I've chosen does look a little light when first sprayed, but believe me, once it's weathered and sealed the colour looks dead right.

DAZ
    Cheers for that Daz, I did actually get the paint for the dome but as you said it looked too light. I'm going to repaint my DP95 in the ESB styliee so i'll give it a go on that one.

Jon