Subscribe
    Sep 14, 2011, 7:24 PM - Two more helmet ESB repaints #1

I meant to post these a few months ago when I finished them. My friend back in March had asked me if I was willing to commission a repaint on one of my old helmets for him. He asked that I can make it as accurate to the movie as I can. So, I stripped down my old MLC(which I had converted a long while back to a custom. Had to dremel back out the dent as well. The main coat was spray painted, while all the rest of the detail, was hand brushed on. Here were the results.

I did everything to my ability to make it accurate. In which he praised me for how good it looked, and still after all these months does. And a comparison. Left is the MLC repaint, middle is old SGT Fang, right is Boba Maker(painted by him):

So...you are probably wondering, why did I repaint TWO? Well, that would be because I was so jealous of my own work, that I was very unhappy with my trooping helmet. Some of the coloring was too bright and the damage looked off. However, for mine, I wasn't as concerned about being as accurate as possible, but wanted to make it looks sweet still. So, the repaint of my SGT Fang(pictured in middle):

So, there ya go, I figured to post them because I suppose I should be proud of my painting abilities. At least, that is what I have been told.
    Sep 14, 2011, 8:59 PM - Re: Two more helmet ESB repaints #2

looking great
    Sep 14, 2011, 10:08 PM - Re: Two more helmet ESB repaints #3

Good looking buckets!
  4. Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Sep 22, 2011, 4:54 PM - Re: Two more helmet ESB repaints #4

Looks great! I'm looking for a nicely done ROTJ helmet if you know of anyone looking to sell. I have 0% artistic talent and am very jealous of you guys who can produce these wonderful helmets. I can't post a FS yet, too new...