Ive been working on a Rafalfett v2 based 92% scale bucket for my son, so I thought I'd share my progress for all the scratch build photo junkies like myself.
I used 2mm (.08") Sintra/ expanded pvc /closed cell pvc for construction which is a breeze compared to cardboard--I did need to work on my heat gun skills because of shrinkage :\.
The dome I have glued in here had to completely removed and redone. I didn't have my inner layer straight enough which led to problems fitting the dome in.
Bending the sections over the dome templates. I line up the front form to the #1 front section and go around each section to each corresponding form template.
Shrinkage...and the Kragle.