Long time lurker, first time poster. I figured helping out another scratchbuilder would be worth looking like an idiot for having attempted it.
I was inspired by WOF's templates and the trash can armor pieces and decided to try and make a bucket. I bought a Sterilite can for $10 USD and spent about 12 hours cutting, sanding, and shaping all the pieces in boiling water. I did a beautiful job, if I do say so myself, and even modified WOF's templates to hide the seams a little better.
Then I went to put it together.... turns out polypropelene (which is what Sterilite cans are made of) is darn near impossible to glue. I found numerous websites attesting to this after the fact. "Super Glue" is useless and so is epoxy. There are a few specialty adhesives out there that will work, but they are expensive and blow the whole idea of a budget scratchbuilt out the window.
I'm turning now to Sintra, which I was able to source locally for less than $2.00 per sq. ft. and works out to be even cheaper than "For Sale" signs at Home Depot.
I just have to decide between 1/16" and 1/8" thickness. I'm shooting for under $25 (without paint) for the bucket.
I also can't decide between a Boba and Jango. A Boba bucket is much more interesting artistically and visually, but I have little interest in doing a complete Boba costume. For a complete costume I like the looks of the Jango much better.