Supertrooper Helmet

Supertrooper Helmet

Hey guys and girls, in an attempt to completely overwhelm myself with WIP's I am currently finishing off the prep work on an MR cast helmet which I have decided to build and paint up as a Supertrooper helmet, this helmet will eventually be for sale, once finished of course I hope you enjoy following my progress on this project, keep an eye out over the next few days for updates
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails super_trooper_logo_sm-jpg  

From
    Iowa

Re: Supertrooper Helmet

Pretty awesome buddy! That is on my future to-do list.

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

Awesome, bruv!

From
    Newport News, VA

Looking forward to seeing some glossy white goodness.

Day 1 *

Spent a good while sanding the helmet smooth as I could with various grades of wet and dry paper, finally ending on 1200 grit, then I sprayed a few light coats of Tamiya Fine Surface Primer which in my opinion is the best primer there is, it literally shows up any flaws of which there were a few So I went back and used Isopon p38 to fill those imperfections, re-primed the helmet and then sanded it smooth again, once happy with the results I applied my first coat of Halfords Gloss White, it came out very nice and even but not very glossy, what needs to be done now is wet sanding and lots of it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails super01-jpg   super02-jpg  

From
    Newport News, VA

Looks really smooth so far!

small update

After 3 solid rounds of wetsanding and repainting I am happy with the final sheen on the helmet, I know I am not going to get it absolutely flawless, I have now coated the helmet with Humbrol Acrylic Gloss Varnish and am waiting for that to cure over night, I will then give it a good buff and take some pictures as its dark here now

*Update*

I have managed to get this almost finished, all that needs doing from here is fitting the visor and RF stalk and painting the RF topper, I have gone for the look with the turn signals painted green and red, I have also fitted the MQ-1 board to a sheet of styrene which is then held in place by 4 chicago screws and t-nuts, I welcome any and all comments, this has been a fantastic helmet to work on and looks quite stunning in person
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails super07-jpg   super05-jpg   super06-jpg  

formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    From
    Manchester, England

Loving the dent free look, awesome. I think I now need to add one of these to my collection.

From
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

I like it. Very cool paint job.

From
    Amity

HeadlessHunter said: View Post
    Day 1 *

Tamiya Fine Surface Primer which in my opinion is the best primer there is, it literally shows up any flaws of which there were a few
    I completly agree. i just wish it wasnt so ******* expencive

Great job on the polish, it's going to look really nice when it's all put together.

I've returned to this project slightly torn, I really love this helmet now and am not sure I want to sell it! However if there is interest then I will consider it, so basically if you think you'd be interested shoot me a PM