stormtrooperguy's rotj helmet rattlecan colors

Been searching high and low for Rusto Sage Satin, and having no luck. Some research online seems to indicate that the color is being discontinued. Amazon has a few cans left for an outrageous price. I ordered one, but going forward, I was wondering if there is an equivalent color of a different brand. Thx!

it's always been pretty hard to find. i bought a case of it online a while back for around $50.

that's why i tend to do when i find a color i like... i'll get a dozen cans so that i have enough to go around if it becomes scarce :)

So far I've been able to find it in gloss at A.C. Moore, and that's it for brick & mortar stores. None at Lowes, Home Depot or Jo-Ann Fabrics (which has a surprisingly good spray paint selection...who knew?)

Nice! I never really favoured the ROTJ myself as I love the 'eyebrow scratch' on the ESB but I really like what you've done with this. Thanks for the list as I'm not too bad with a rattlecan!

Cheers,

W B)

Just bought all these cans from Home Depot and they still carry all the same colors with new updated cans. I had no problems finding the safe green either and was tempted to buy a few extra cans in case anyone needed some here.

Here are the new cans if anyone is interested in what they look like 4 years after this post started! :)
IMG_1015_zpsa55eeea0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a satin sage green...it may not be in the painters touch version which has a different cap ( the sprayer) but there is a satin version...normally found at walmart. Gloss will be glossy...not something you want on the Fett.

There is a satin sage green...it may not be in the painters touch version which has a different cap ( the sprayer) but there is a satin version...normally found at walmart. Gloss will be glossy...not something you want on the Fett.

I am doing a color test on the lid and the gloss does stand out more than I wuld like. I plan to hit it with the dullcoat that was mentioned by stormtrooperguy to see if that dulls it down to a matte.

dullcote will kill the shine on gloss paint just fine :)

it's cool that things have come back around. for a while home depot was switching to krylon and this was all going to be useless. but now rustoleum is back!

one note though: you got hunter green, not hunt club green. different color entirely!

Nice catch, I will have to double check to see if they have it. The paint girl was asking me 20 questions a out why I was picking out so many cans. I think when she saw me grab th metallic first, she assumed I was going to be doing a paint huffing marathon or something.

dullcote will kill the shine on gloss paint just fine :)

it's cool that things have come back around. for a while home depot was switching to krylon and this was all going to be useless. but now rustoleum is back!

one note though: you got hunter green, not hunt club green. different color entirely!

I looked for "Hunt Club Green" and I couldn't find it, then I came back to this thread and noticed it does actually say "Hunter Green" in your post.

Do you have a cap top picture so I can try an match to a similar color.

By the way, I picked up the dullcote and here is a pic for anyone interested...
IMG_1062_zpsed510625.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back