Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Dec 30, 2010, 6:53 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #151

when would you be making one of these for the GMH? I would love to pick one up
    Jan 3, 2011, 6:11 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #152

Id make one for the gmh, if I get a gmh. At the moment I do not have one. The waiting list is long for them as far as I can tell, and I have soooooooo much money wrapped up in this stuff that I wasnt planning on getting one.

If there was a guarantee to sell quite a few of the kits, id likely get to work on it. Theres not a tun of profit here, due to the amount of time (the process is time consuming) and materials (3-5 different materials to make each one) involved. And they do not come in quantities that go together so I always end up with way too much of something, or not enough of something else.
    Jan 3, 2011, 6:12 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #153

The rubber is alumilite not smoothon. But yoru right washing with soap and water, or alcohal will help a lot when using a non laquer based paint. The testers (pactra) based paints seem to bodn to this rubber, and never come off.
  4. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 3, 2011, 6:43 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #154

If you have a kit ready I have GMH #3 Im waiting on it from Chris...as its a premium upgraded to GMH Im waiting for the CC parts to be made...but Id see how well it fit when it got here
  5. Jan 3, 2011, 7:08 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #155

thats cool. i understand that fully. if you ever do get your hands on one or know someone willing to lend it out at some point and want to do a run im all for it
    Jan 12, 2011, 10:27 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #156

Ok, sorry been super busy, but have been pulling a part or two a night in teh pre-pro form.

So heres the scoop. This pic shows the two types of kits I have to ship now. They are pre-pro. Meaning the end kit may have more parts, may change, etc. But I have been testing some things and pulling parts as I go.

There is one block, on some of the rear pads, that ends up denting in a bit. The test mold is a little thin. its not terrible, and adds to the 'real world wear' feel. But I wanted to point it out.

These are the kits I have 4-6 of atm. 2 white forhead/rear/black domecheek, and 2 all black.

Heres what im projecting for the run. Id like you all to chime in.

The full kit, which will have a new forehead, and gasket for the visor is looking like 150 shipped. HOWEVER.

For every 10 I get committed, I will lower the kits $10. So if i can get 50 people interested, I will set the price at $100 for final kit.

I am only projecting 10-20 interested, so it would look more like 130-140.
    I will run it this way (never done it before, but with this scenario I must).
    1st: Sign up thread
    2nd: $10 deposit
    3rd: tally deposits, start making, give final price and ship.

The kits listed below are the $100 prepro pieces with old forehead, and no gasket. I know theres lots of budget fets out there that want these. Or people that want to get started

Ill provide the other pieces as a supplemental for a small fee to those that buy these.
    Jan 12, 2011, 11:45 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #157

Storm, put me down for 2...

I have my Jango and will soon enough have the GMH... Ok folks 48 more needed
  8. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 12, 2011, 11:51 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #158

FYI smu the Asok Jango helmet is ALOT smaller than the Boba helmet...
  9. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 12, 2011, 1:32 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #159

Ill post a pic later I think I have it at least...of the actual difference between a Asok and a FP budget and a Marrow Sun V3
    Jan 12, 2011, 1:54 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #160

Its likely i can just fill the detail pieces with rubber for the dome, and not the whole dome, so you wouldnt have to worry about dome fit. The rest, should fit in a considerably smaller helmet.

of the 6 ready to sell for 100, 2 are currently spoke for, both black as far as I can tell.
    Jan 12, 2011, 2:13 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #161

Storm, I think I'll be patient and wait for the final pulls instead of taking one of the pre-pros, so please mark me down for 1 (black) set of final product. Thanks!
  12. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 12, 2011, 5:15 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #162

If you look on the left of the picture is a FP Budget the middle an Asok ILM, and the far right a Marrow Sun V3 notice how small the Asok is in comparison
    Jan 12, 2011, 5:32 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #163

**** that's a significant difference... LOL
    Jan 14, 2011, 10:42 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #164

Stormy.. I'll paypal Friday the 21st...
    Jan 14, 2011, 1:08 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #165

Everyone wait on paypal for the sign up Im working on a new way to handle these sign ups that could be super if I can finish it quickly, which will handle a lot of the communication part (part i dont have time for at the moment) for me

The pieces stop short of the 'cheeks' by about 3/4 of an inc. Meaning more than 1.5 inches total curcumference and the piece still fits. Someone measure from where the cheak starts (earpiece area) all the way around the helmet to the other cheek. This will give me a better feel for how much smaller it actually is inside. It could be deeper for all i know, which would have the same circ.
    Jan 28, 2011, 10:33 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #166

any updates on the sign up ?
    Feb 3, 2011, 11:13 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #167

Due to weather and underwhelmingness im not sure how im going to handle this.

I think you sent me a 10$ dp, which im going to refund shortly.

Im likely going to shoot the prepros that arent sold, onto ebay, and take some time to sort out these projects. Working on the interior of a helmet, is daunting. Its highly likely that the expectations can not be met.

For the amount of time I have in to this project, I just am not seeing the demand that would make me double down at the moment.

Imagine trying to make and distribute a resin product, that is blemish free, out of the mold, and needs 0% filling, sanding, preping. Thats what these have to be to meet expectations, and I just dont think im prepared to handle the dissapointment.

I have a few sets I am going to put on ebay. If that ends up being a simpler outlet, Ill point people there instead.

Ill keep people informed of any progress either way.
  18. Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Feb 3, 2011, 5:29 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #168

It would be a shame to see this project stall.
    The work that you have already done looks fantastic.

I hope that you decide to continue so that if I ever decide to build a Mando I can install one of your interiors.

Cheers

Craig
    Feb 3, 2011, 5:50 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #169

I hope you decide to contiune with this project too because I would have no problem spending the money to get a set from you if it just meant all you had to do was get it out of the mold and ship it "as it is". I would be more than happy to do all the filing and trimming myself just like the typical "kit" requires..
    Feb 3, 2011, 9:31 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #170

Stormrider I just saw this thread and want to give you a big thumbs up on your work and effort. I am very familiar with the costs and time involved to produce an original work like this and it's a major commitment.

I'm interested in any info on these related to the GMH fit, even if trimming is required. Hopefully you turn a profit, but in any case this is a very respectable project. I think that part of your battle is related to the ultra canon obsessed, but in my opinion this does nothing but make a helmet more interesting.
  21. Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Feb 4, 2011, 10:18 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #171

Hey SR. Ive been away from TDH for a bit but Im glad to see you're still pluggin away! I have
    2 of your older interiors just waiting to be used, I acually toyed with the idea of using some of the pieces
    in my xwing bucket, but didnt want to break up a set for that. Im not sure why the interiors would
    have to be perfect.....are they not being installed into trooping helmets for the most part? Anyway
    I love my 2 interiors, cant wait to get em installed, love the progess picures, youve really mastered
    casting in this foamrubber material!
    Mike
    Feb 7, 2011, 12:44 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #172

Thanks for the kind words all.

The jist is, that withs soft rubber, you get a little pocking, a few bubbles etc. They arent possible to fill. They just have to be so close to perfect that people are more awed than dissapointed

miqt, i think i have some leftovers from the old kits. Ill take a look. I ws going to do a massive junk sell real soon. I have so many pairs of almost perfect foams, blasters, knee pads, hics you wouldnt believe it. I know for a fact I have some old kit parts left, I just saw them yesterday.

Im hoping once I sell all the prepro stuff i did, I can make a mold, and move forward again. Slowly

If I can get my hands on one of the new helmets i could tell you if they would fit. If someone can take a measurement for me, that would be stellar. Needs to be from cheek to cheeck aroudn the lower edge. Then from lowest part below the keyslots to the detail ring around the tome.

The dome likely WONT fit, but i could create the parts that go in the dome as pieces instead of a dome, and they could be glued in.

More later.
    m2
    Feb 7, 2011, 6:27 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #173

I still say they are really awesome kits. The really can work for any bucket, just don't expect a drop in solution. You can take a Xacto or scissors and trim out the greebs you want.
    Feb 9, 2011, 1:04 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #174

Another interested for GMH compatibility.
    Feb 14, 2011, 6:27 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #175

I have a couple of kits left that have a few backing bubbles. Im going to sell those for 75, like my original kits were, They will work as is, and can be trimmed to pieces to be put in iwthout the liner (flat) parts.

If anyones interested in the states for 75 shipped pm me, and ill shoot them off. Mixed color.

Im still working on the parts, this weekend im hoping it stay warm, because its getting weather time to start working on this stuff.