Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Subscribe
    May 18, 2010, 3:53 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #51

Quote Stormrider said: View Post
    As a side note, im going to start an interest list. When the list hits 10-20 (wishfull thinking!) ill draw a name. That person gets to be my reviewer.

Said person needs to be able to:
    Be un-biased
    have a camera
    have basic model skills
    have good communication skills.

Ill send that person the first interior set for review. They can install it, and give a review of what they think of it, the difficulty installing etc.

The piece looks MUCH better in person than it does in pictures. And I like to get a second opinion before I start shipping them. So I can make any necessary changes up front

Thanks again for everyons patience and interest.
    Arrgh! You stole my idea!! I wanted to do the 'reviewer givaway'!!
    Truth is, that's pretty smart. A good way to establish street cred.
  2. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    May 18, 2010, 4:25 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #52

Oh well I have a nikon d60...im unbiased I have some skillz with modeling and I can communicate well...lol Put me down please Sir
    May 18, 2010, 5:13 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #53

Mike! Like you need any street cred! LOL!!! Put me on the list as I am dying to get my hands on one anyways!
    May 18, 2010, 7:04 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #54

Definitely want on the list; plus my MR is stripped out and ready!
    May 18, 2010, 10:23 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #55

Looking great Mike !
    May 19, 2010, 1:45 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #56

I would be willing to review, please put me down on the wish list
  7. May 20, 2010, 12:24 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #57

Add my name to the list, I've got friends who do professional photography, and I'm about to start my FP Premium helmet build. I'd consider this a win-win. :-)
    May 24, 2010, 10:22 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #58

Just got back from a long hot volley ball tourney. my feet are cooked and someone with strep was kind enough to drink out of my water bottle between games, but im going to work on the dome today and tomorrow.

Thanks, chris, its pretty easy when the interiors of the helmet are as nice as the exteriors. This is a perfect example of why your fiberglass are so much nicer than anything rotocast.

Ill try to comprise a list asap. Thanks for the interest.
    May 25, 2010, 10:18 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #59

fantastic work bro, please put me on the list for one.
    May 25, 2010, 10:53 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #60

Add me too the list sir. I love my original V2 set I got from you for my MR, but have a small head, so this should work very well. It'd be great to get a chance to review the new set, as well.
    Last edited by dsonik1; May 25, 2010 at 11:01 AM.
    Jun 25, 2010, 7:22 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #61

Any News on these are they in production, is there a wait list
    Jun 25, 2010, 7:34 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #62

Anxiousely awaiting one of these.....
    Jul 11, 2010, 10:49 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #63

Any word brother? Dying to see more pics!
    Jul 20, 2010, 10:25 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #64

The last piece is in the works, the forehad/dome. I need to get on it, but ive been busy. Ill try to sort it out in the next week or two.
    Jul 23, 2010, 6:28 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #65

really looking forward to putting this in my BM lid
  16. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jul 30, 2010, 9:11 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #66

Whats the latest on these brother? My helmet interior is bare...going with some regular foam for now I guess
    Jul 30, 2010, 2:46 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #67

how come i cant see the pics? i just see a little red x on a white square
    Aug 29, 2010, 7:18 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #68

Just wanted to bump this up. Hoping to buy a set to go with my incoming FP boba helmet for an ultimate build!
  19. Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Sep 8, 2010, 10:57 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #69

Put me on the list for a set if they are still available.
    Sep 8, 2010, 11:07 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #70

Wow, just seeing this thread for the first time. Most impressive!
  21. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Sep 8, 2010, 11:11 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #71

yeh stormrider hasnt posted in a while though dont know where hes been
    Sep 17, 2010, 2:41 PM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #72

Hey storm,
    How are these for us fatter headed blokes? I used one of your V1 models in my rattle canned "eBay Mystery lid" and now its a perminent display piece in my office because I will never get my fat mellon into that bucket again. It looks awesome as all get out but my chubby cranium prevents further usage.
    Sep 26, 2010, 11:46 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #73

I am here, been busy, but this week i finished the dome, finished the cheeks, and they are in silicone as I type this.

Im hoping in the next day or so to pull them out, and pull a couple of test pieces. I havent decided what I want to use on the dome yet.

These are going to be difficult pieces to pull off, because ill likely have to use two types of rubber, thin, soft rubber / foam on the padding pieces, harder, more durable on the thin coating pieces. Im not looking forward to it, but it should all work out in the end.

The dome I did in a new way. I used some of my smaller sculpt pieces, and ebb clay to make them look as if they were molded into the dome and not fastened on. The down side was I couldnt get it perfectly smooth, so it looks almost welded/embedded. I like the look, im hoping you all will too. Im hoping to be able to mount a set in the helmet.

As for larger melons. id have to know hwo big the helmet was you put it in.

The space this fills is virtually identical to the old version. That being said. what I would do is:

get thin aluminum sheets, and cut shaped molded strips. This will hold the interiors in the shape you want, (any pieces you need to pull out) and just slided them in for display.

Thats if it doesnt fit. I have a pretty standard size head. A little on the large size, as im 6 '3 but not gigantic.

The pressure points are forehead and rear left and right. Taking the front or rear out gives you another inch.

The rear piece to cover the mq is a lot thinner this go around. That is what stopped a few from being able to leave the padding in while worn.

m2
  24. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Sep 27, 2010, 12:25 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #74

Cant wait to see it bud
    Sep 27, 2010, 9:58 AM - Re: SR V3 Helmet Interiors for FP and other MR based helmets. Progress #75

Ok, first the pics which I consider good news, then the bad news
    Pictured is a set of soft foam inserts, tack glued into a FP helmet, and lightly paitned with primer. Next to it in a few pictures is another, fresh out of the mold set of black Interior Kit pieces and another set of mandible inserts.

I created the first set of mandible inserts out of soft rubber. Too soft, the super glue i taked them in with sort of distorted it. The second set i made with hard (han in carbonite) rubber. It should work better. Ill be gluging in a full set in the the other helmet I have for testing.

The dome part I poured the first piece of today. Its curing. TOnight ill paint it, and tack it in, and you will finally get to see what the entire kit will look like together

The bad news, these kits take me longer to make than a FULL HIC. Theres about 10 steps that go into these. So unfortunately they wont be cheap.

For a full set were looking at 125 - 150 a set. I just cant do them any cheaper due to the amount of time these take. I may be able to lower the time considerably, but i would then raise the amount of silicone drastically, which doesnt help the price. ( I would have to build a second side to the molds, to make them squish molds or something).

That being said, id like to hear a sound of of whos interested if I guarantee the price <= 150 Shipped.

When you all see the final piece in here, and the set I paint, I think youll be able to appreciate it a little more.

Heres to hoping you like them!!!