Subscribe
  1. Sep 20, 2008, 6:26 PM - Show me your "Mystery" helmets! :) #1

Well, i'm thinking of getting a MH and was wondering if anyone wanted to show theirs off? Boba's & Jango's. Also, i have a question, i'm a complete novice with using bondo (Haven't used it at all) and was wondering if i should still get one? I would love to make it either a Boba or a Jango and need some advice. I know these kits need a bit of work.

Really appreciate any help. Now show me your buckets! lol
  2. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Sep 20, 2008, 6:45 PM - Re: Show me your "Mystery" helmets! :) #2

here's a thread to my mystery lid...not finished, but getting there!!!

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=27150
  3. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Sep 20, 2008, 6:58 PM - Re: Show me your "Mystery" helmets! :) #3

btw Neil - u prob worked this out already, closest thing to bondo I can find is Isopon 38 at Halfords.
    I've already used some on a E-11 blaster and some armour to cover seam lines. 2 bits of advice I got abt using bondo/isopon was

(1) less is more
    (2) it dries quick (5-15 min kinda quick)

sands easier than Milliput to a very nice finish; but I think Isopon is meant to be a little nasty - have a face mask and gloves ready. I also had some white spirit handy when I was using it with my E-11 to loosely "sculpt" stuff into it. Never used the stuff before, quickly got used to it. Now that I have discovered it, wondering why I havent used it more in the past to repair my car! rofl!!

soz got nothing on a MH. Although being on this side of the Atlantic - I have been staring far to long at a bobamaker lid.

Nate
  4. Sep 20, 2008, 7:34 PM - Re: Show me your "Mystery" helmets! :) #4

Quote Heatshock said: View Post
    btw Neil - u prob worked this out already, closest thing to bondo I can find is Isopon 38 at Halfords.
    I've already used some on a E-11 blaster and some armour to cover seam lines. 2 bits of advice I got abt using bondo/isopon was

(1) less is more
    (2) it dries quick (5-15 min kinda quick)

sands easier than Milliput to a very nice finish; but I think Isopon is meant to be a little nasty - have a face mask and gloves ready. I also had some white spirit handy when I was using it with my E-11 to loosely "sculpt" stuff into it. Never used the stuff before, quickly got used to it. Now that I have discovered it, wondering why I havent used it more in the past to repair my car! rofl!!

soz got nothing on a MH. Although being on this side of the Atlantic - I have been staring far to long at a bobamaker lid.

Nate
    Cheers for that Nate think i'll have to give that ago if i get an MH, not used bondo or anything like that before though so will be completely new to me. I know what you mean about Bobamaker, very impressive work.

Darrell, you know i love your MH, lol.
  5. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Sep 20, 2008, 8:47 PM - Re: Show me your "Mystery" helmets! :) #5

im an idiot....
  6. Sep 21, 2008, 7:10 AM - Re: Show me your "Mystery" helmets! :) #6

Quote FettDad said: View Post
    im an idiot....
    Lmao! No you're not.
  7. Sep 21, 2008, 8:30 AM - Re: Show me your "Mystery" helmets! :) #7

The more i think about it, the more this kit sounds like it might be a bit much for my skills. Not used bondo, fiberglass or anything like it before so would be worried about messing it up.
    Sep 21, 2008, 2:19 PM - Re: Show me your "Mystery" helmets! :) #8

Heres mine complete. This was my first bucket dont worry about messing up you can fix it with bondo and filler... the only thing you really ahve to do with the new casts is sand the mandablies down prior to paint.

9. Sep 21, 2008, 4:03 PM - Re: Show me your "Mystery" helmets! :) #9

Gbeef, that is amazing! One of the best paint jobs i've seen! Very well done. Is it all MH? By that, i mean is all of it, apart from the RF stalk, an MH?
    Sep 21, 2008, 5:08 PM - Re: Show me your "Mystery" helmets! :) #10

Wow, that helmet looks sweet!
  11. Sep 22, 2008, 10:44 AM - Re: Show me your "Mystery" helmets! :) #11

How tough are these MH's aswell? I want mine for display but don't want it breaking on me.
    Sep 22, 2008, 11:13 AM - Re: Show me your "Mystery" helmets! :) #12

Gbeef -- how did you escape security once you smashed the glass case and ran off with the AOSW helmet?
    Sep 23, 2008, 12:51 AM - Re: Show me your "Mystery" helmets! :) #13

Quote MandalorianWarrior87 said: View Post
    Gbeef, that is amazing! One of the best paint jobs i've seen! Very well done. Is it all MH? By that, i mean is all of it, apart from the RF stalk, an MH?
    Yeah the bucket is MH i got this one directly from fang himself.... im still on the look out for a FPH... id love to get my gubby hands on another helmet when i have time.

The stalk is BKBK and the RF i made it.. kinda getto but i needed a hollow RF that could fit a tilt switch. ASOW had some for sale but i think i missed out.

DOHH!!!..
  14. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Sep 23, 2008, 1:56 AM - Re: Show me your "Mystery" helmets! :) #14

Due to a recent development I will be popping a nice ESB MH in the cargo hold later today....stay tuned

Rob