Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Subscribe
    Feb 14, 2007, 2:07 PM - Re: SgtFang Mystery Helmet - A Review and Progress Thread #126

Quote Southern hunter said: View Post
    What is the RPF?
    Hunter, RPF stands for "Replica Props Forum", another prop board (www.therpf.com).

However, SgtFang is also a member here as well. PM him for current pricing info.
    Feb 14, 2007, 8:13 PM - Re: SgtFang Mystery Helmet - A Review and Progress Thread #127

Batninja. I know there are a hundred other painting threads but we all love watching them. Please continue to show progress, it servers as inspirtation to many of use who havent completed a bucket yet and even to those who have. Keep up the good work!
  3. Member Since
    May 2005
    Feb 15, 2007, 11:41 AM - Re: SgtFang Mystery Helmet - A Review and Progress Thread #128

Quote batninja said: View Post
    Hunter, RPF stands for "Replica Props Forum", another prop board (www.therpf.com).

However, SgtFang is also a member here as well. PM him for current pricing info.
    Don't they limit membership? I know I only got in because there was a window that they had for signing up... I don't know if they do that still or not...
    Feb 15, 2007, 11:59 AM - Re: SgtFang Mystery Helmet - A Review and Progress Thread #129

Yes, they limit membership. That's why SgtFang became a member here as well.
  5. Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Mar 3, 2007, 12:15 AM - Re: SgtFang Mystery Helmet - A Review and Progress Thread #130

I'm new to DH but did receive a Sarge helmet and I have to say, it's awesome. Sanding time was VERY minor. Now to start the hard part, painting, electronics, etc....
  6. Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Mar 3, 2007, 1:56 AM - Re: SgtFang Mystery Helmet - A Review and Progress Thread #131

Quote NikNak_aka said: View Post
    Batninja. I know there are a hundred other painting threads but we all love watching them. Please continue to show progress, it servers as inspirtation to many of use who havent completed a bucket yet and even to those who have. Keep up the good work!
    I second this. I think you've done an astounding job prepping it, I think it would be a shame to not show the paint up progress.
    Apr 5, 2013, 9:36 AM - Re: BatNinja's Bucket - Progress Thread #132

Quote batninja said: View Post
    I've started working on my SgtFang mystery helmet I received last week.

Here are the tools I'm using right now:

At this point, I've used a Dremel to trim the bottom edge of the helmet, and cut out the visor.

Then I used a sanding wheel and sandpaper to even out the width the entire visor opening, to achieve a uniform thickness. I will do the same thing for the bottom of the helmet edge later:

For the corners, I used an X-Axcto to carefully carve the corners, and finished it with a Emery board and a tiny triangle file:

Comments are welcome!

Next step: the keyholes...

Hey BatNinja, I know this is an old thread so sorry for the resurrection but I'm just starting my build of the exact same helmet. I have my T section cut out and was curious as to what thickness you filed the visor opening width down to before mounting the lens? If you remember that is... :-)