Well. . . I'm at it again. On August 27th I received a Sarge bucket from a member here to paint ESB style. Once again, I won't reveal his secret identity, but he's welcome to say hey!
I'll be putting up some pics to show how it's coming along.
1st UPDATE: August 30th (DAY 4)
Today is really the 4th day I've had the helmet, and until now, there hasn't been much to show. Just the usual trimming and sanding and filling. I cut out the visor and keyslots, turning myself into a resin snowman in the process. Then I used some modeling putty to fill in along the seam on the back of the helmet. I have to say Sarge's new molds are really good! The seam is a lot less noticeable than the first one of his helmets that I worked on several months ago. Still, there were some areas to be filled.
I got the first coat of primer on this morning.
Priming always brings out any flaws in the surface, and as you can see, it looks a little uneven after sanding. I noticed some tiny bubbles that still showed in a couple of places along the seam so I'll reapply some putty, let it dry overnight, and re-sand and re-prime tomorrow.