Subscribe
    Jul 16, 2005, 8:07 AM - sculpting a helmet #1

asked this question a while ago & got jumped .........i've just recently bought 2 mystery helmets....both are different by millimeters......how do they make them.....are they sculpted out of clay??????......then do they make casts of them.......i want to know if this is the case ...as i thought a mystery helmet was made from the screen original.....it seems to me that there are different versions......i just want to know if they are made from clay...??????????....& no i'm not a caster.......just curious.......so dont bother giving me crap....
    Jul 17, 2005, 3:44 AM - Re: sculpting a helmet #2

I share your curiousity. I too have always wondered how to make my own helmet, either scratchbuilt or recast (with the recast, it's just curiousity). I wouldn't actually go about making the helmet because I don't have the skill or the patience. Hopefully this time around someone will try to help you and not just shoot you down.

Also, check out this thread:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...=scratch+built
  3. Jul 17, 2005, 6:32 AM - Re: sculpting a helmet #3

BANDITZ said:
    asked this question a while ago & got jumped .........i've just recently bought 2 mystery helmets....both are different by millimeters......how do they make them.....are they sculpted out of clay??????......then do they make casts of them.......i want to know if this is the case ...as i thought a mystery helmet was made from the screen original.....it seems to me that there are different versions......i just want to know if they are made from clay...??????????....& no i'm not a caster.......just curious.......so dont bother giving me crap....
    You'll find this sort of attitude contributes to the responses you recieve.
    You may want to word things better if you want people to respond to your questions.

Mason.8)