OK, I was just going to post these pics, but I thought I would keep them all in my old thread. And the thread is quit long, so I adding them to the top of the thread.
This is my pleasure to present to you the final product - painted by a very awesome artist from the TDH, Rogue Studios. See the attached area for some pics of this bad boy.
I am really happy how well it turned it. Lee did one awesome paint job on it. The attention to detail is superb for such a small bucket. The colors (which may seem a little odd in the pics because of the flash) look dead on. I cannot say how glad I am to have this for my son.
One thing makes me mad though...While I was working on this bucket and getting it ready for priming, I left it in my shop for 2 days. Well, the heat got to it, and you can see in the front shot that visor area is a little warped. I tried to fix this before I sent it to Lee, but it seems that it is still very warped. I hope that I can get this fixed without it damaging Lee's awesome paint job.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can complete the rest of Will's suit before Halloween.
- End edit mode -
OK, I have been wanting to start on my son's bucket for awhile now, and I actually had some time off during Thanksgiving to start it. No offense to JD, I would've loved to have one of his buckets, but I just hate to spend money on something my son may or may not wear.
On to the nitty-gritty... The base I am using is an old army dress-up helmet my son had rarely ever worn. I am using styrene and sintra to mod it. I didn't get a pic of it before hand, but all I did was cut the flare off of the front of the helmet.
Next, I took cardstock and created/fit patterns to get the size of the pieces needed. Then I cut them out of some thin styrene I had. I also heated a spot up on the dome to create the dent. This is what it looked like:
The edging around the the visor and the ears will be sintra. I took my original template and used it to create a template for the edging. I then cut, heated, and shaped the pieces out of the sintra it to fit around the styrene:
I am now in the process of gluing the sintra to the styrene. It should look something like this when it is done: