Subscribe
    Apr 9, 2008, 10:14 AM - Saw a resin cast of the Mystery helmet on Ebay... #1

$74.00 and $14.00 s/h. Here are some pics of what the seller had up.
    http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/e...rent=helm1.jpg
    http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/e...rent=helm3.jpg
    http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/e...rent=helm2.jpg

Looks great to me, all that was missing was a visor and some paint; I'd rather paint it myself anyway.

The item has been sold already as of just yesterday, which is unfortunate for me because I was going to set up my eBay and PayPal accounts tonight with plans on purchasing it. But oh well, I'll keep my eyes peeled and maybe I'll find somebody selling one on here.

What I'm getting at is, is this a good price for a resin cast? And has anybody had any experience with this seller (ragtop57chevi) before?

BTW first post here, and first time costumer so any feedback would be appreciated.
    Last edited by LostSonOfSparda; Apr 9, 2008 at 10:34 AM.
    Apr 9, 2008, 10:19 AM - Re: Saw a resin cast of the Mystery helmet on Ebay... #2

Welcome aboard, I believe posting links to live ebay auctions is actually against forum rules so you may want to remove the link, as far as mystery helmets go yes it does look pretty good, however as a newcomer I would advise spending some time here looking around and getting to know the makers/sellers who post here, you'll be guaranteed a better deal and service not to mention a wealth of knowledge that these artists poses, good luck
    Apr 9, 2008, 10:38 AM - Re: Saw a resin cast of the Mystery helmet on Ebay... #3

Thanks HeadlessHunter. I took out the link to the auction (even though the auction had ended I didn't want to risk breaking rules with my first post) and posted links to my photobucket album instead.

Any other input is welcome.
    Apr 9, 2008, 11:27 AM - Re: Saw a resin cast of the Mystery helmet on Ebay... #4

Posting links to auctions that have ended is fine. Posting photos to a current auction is also okay. Links to a current auction is not allowed. Good luck and have fun.
    Apr 9, 2008, 11:34 AM - Re: Saw a resin cast of the Mystery helmet on Ebay... #5

You can get a Sgt. Fang helmet direct from him for not much more than that, and then the quality will be a known thing. If you buy from eBay, you only know as much as is in the photos.
  6. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Apr 9, 2008, 12:06 PM - Re: Saw a resin cast of the Mystery helmet on Ebay... #6

i am looking for a sgtfang mystery helm as well....has anyone seen or heard from fang? how's it going hunter? asok, you doing well? cheers!
    Apr 9, 2008, 12:08 PM - Re: Saw a resin cast of the Mystery helmet on Ebay... #7

Thanks asok for clearing that up for me.
    I am considering getting one of SgtFang's. Does anybody know his site(if he has one) or should I just pm him and wait for a response?
    I'd much rather go with a respected member here who is known for quality products and service, as opposed to a random person on eBay.

Thank you all for the great feedback.
    Apr 9, 2008, 12:14 PM - Re: Saw a resin cast of the Mystery helmet on Ebay... #8

I sent Sgt. Fang a message on RPF. He said he's wrapping up a couple of other things and will be checking in here ASAP. He's been working on what may well be the first ever nice looking, affordable Vader helmet, so that's had him tied up a bit.
    Apr 9, 2008, 1:00 PM - Re: Saw a resin cast of the Mystery helmet on Ebay... #9

Well, i got my helmet from sgt.fang today. And i have to say that it looks nice.
    -Morten-
    Apr 10, 2008, 5:08 AM - Re: Saw a resin cast of the Mystery helmet on Ebay... #10

He has a new thread in the cargo hold here about his latest updates to the Mystery Helmet, check it out