Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    Mar 20, 2003, 5:54 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #51

Are these colors for the Boba Fett ROTJ paint scheme, or could be used for ESB version? Of course, I'm looking for the ROTJ colors, but I'm planning to customize my helmet in a 50/50 color/design mixed between ESB and ROTJ just for originality and custom painted.

Robert

BOBA PHAT wrote:

I haven't started painting yet (I'm still fixing my MSH#1), but I've started collecting all the paint, and trying to nail down the ones I don't know. I thought I'd share where I'm at:

1. <LI> Panzer Olivegrun 1943-Testors-Dome /Cheeks
      <LI> Red Primer-Rustoleum-Visor /Keyholes
      <LI> Weathered Black-Floquil-Underside Cheeks
      <LI> Euro Gray-Testors-Gray Scratches
      <LI> Bright Silver-Floquil-Silver Scratches
      <LI> Dullcoat-Testors-Finish
      <LI> ?Equipment Yellow-Wal Mart-Stripes
      <LI> ?Pumpkin Orange-Krylon-Back Stripes
      <LI> ?Imperial Japanese Navy Green-Testors-Back of Helmet
      <LI> ?Panzer Dunkelgelb 1943-Testors-Right Ear /Back Scratches
      <LI> ?Gunmetal-Testors-Weathering Underside Cheeks
      <LI> ?Undecided Purple-?-Visor Scratches
      <LI> ?Spruce Green-Rustoleum-Left Earpiece
      <LI> ?Undecided Red-?-Left Earpiece

I'm fairly certain on those with the "?" but I'm looking for some input /confirmation from all you others on the hunt. I'll have to make a trip out to the hobby store to get some more ideas on those purple /red colors.

[edit] I made a trip to the hobby store to try and find a good purple for the visor weathering. All the TESTORS purples were either too blue or had metal flake/ pearl in them. FLOQUIL has nothing purple. TAMAYA makes a lavender in a can that looks close, but I don't think it's right either. Any ideas?
    Mar 20, 2003, 5:58 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #52

I've found that for the mandibles, instead of ruddy brown primer, use a Floquil paint called TUSCAN. That's what I bought and it looks DEAD ON when its weathered.
    Mar 20, 2003, 6:15 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #53

Webchief...can you find that color at Walmart?

Robert
    Mar 20, 2003, 8:09 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #54

That is the list of ESB paints I'm compiling before I paint my helmet ESB. For a great ROTJ paint scheme, you need to check out this one http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=2675&forum=2

I can't find any links to pics of Lynn's bucket, but they look great and are off the self colors.

BTW-Floquil can't be found at Wal-Mart. You'd need to go to a hobby store, and get an air-brush

Ryan
    Mar 21, 2003, 12:36 AM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #55

Slight correction man... I didn't use an airbrush and the paintjob ROCKS! I used those foam brushes and there aren't any stripes or streaks. If you take your time, they work great.
    Mar 21, 2003, 11:15 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #56

Well, I have no problem about the airbrush ...but one thing is for sure, and I have 2 problems...

1. <LI> I don't have a compresor, which I'm planning to buy in the next few weeks,
      <LI> Any hobby shop is at least an hour and a half away (and that's the closest: Hobby Lobby),
      <LI> My schedule time at work is really bad to plan for a trip there, need at least a week to plan carefully, specially with the gas prices the way they are now, and I have an SUV (black '97 Honda Passport called "Empire 1")...go figure,
      <LI> This group ROCKS!

Thanks for the notes and opinions. I'll keep posting on my progress.
    Mar 21, 2003, 11:27 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #57

BTW, Boba Phat: thanks for the link and clarifing my doubt. You're strong in the Force!

Robert
  8. Member Since
    Jan 2003
    Apr 8, 2003, 2:45 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #58

Rogue,
    Just curious tif we could see a comparison picture of one of your helmets vs. an ESB just to see where you are at?

Geoff

Oh, and thank you sooo much for the research! If it helps anyone, I got to meet Jeremy Bulloch at a comic book store in town last weekend. He signed my old (cheesy) ROTJ helmet, and I had just been to the hobby shop next door to get the Panzer Olivegrun 1943 before he showed up and I put it in my car while I was waiting, I should have got his opinion but I am an idiot! What better verification could there have been, aside from what we already have?

DON'T HATE ME CAUSE I'M STOOPID!:o
    Apr 8, 2003, 4:30 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #59

Geoff...don't sweat it, that paint looks a lot different in the bottle than it does on a helmet anyway. JB woulda given his best guess and probably would've said it looked about right.
  10. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Apr 8, 2003, 8:03 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #60

I almost have Chris King's helmet complete oncehe receives it I'll let him post comparison pitures he's pretty good at that.

Take Care

Lee

Hey is anyone going to post any helmets?
    Apr 8, 2003, 10:54 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #61

Rogue Studios wrote:

Hey is anyone going to post any helmets?
    Mine are up here

I still don't really like the red color I have. I can't seem to find one that I really like. The model masters rust is to brown, everything else is to red or to pink. I'm going to try burnt siena later this week and see how that looks. I though I had it with the british crimson but it has to much of a pink hue to it

Doug
    Apr 8, 2003, 11:19 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #62

Here's my recently re-painted 96 Don Post with the recently discovered, kick butt paints:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/bgouveia/...c=ph%26.view=t
  13. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Apr 9, 2003, 4:40 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #63

Keep'em coming. I also have had a time with the Reds but rest assured it's in the Floquil/Polly S line of colors. I have been trying others and I haven't nailed it down but I'm close that's why I was hessitant to say for sure that is it but the green is the deal no doubt. The inside cheeks colors have been tough too but I may have those as well...lets wait and see how Chris King's helmet photographs.

I'm really glad people are posting pictures I love looking at them.

Lee
    Apr 9, 2003, 4:50 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #64

here are color charts for floquil and polly s products.

http://www.testors.com/tes_cds/color...20(Enamel).pdf

http://www.testors.com/tes_cds/color...RR%20Acryl.pdf

http://www.testors.com/tes_cds/color...ob%20Acryl.pdf

to my knowledge these are all of the colors that they produce. this should help us figure out the remaining colors. good thing i just bought an airbrush.
    Apr 9, 2003, 5:53 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #65

thanks bobagoat. that panzer red brown looks like it might be close.
    Apr 9, 2003, 7:11 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #66

It was brought to my attention that no one could see my link to my helmet pictures. I think I fixed it. Could someone please look and let me know?

Thanks.
    Apr 9, 2003, 8:05 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #67

webchief wrote:

It was brought to my attention that no one could see my link to my helmet pictures. I think I fixed it. Could someone please look and let me know?

Thanks.
    with yahoo it gets to be a pain. Make sure you're not trying to link to the full sized picture and make sure the folder is open to everyone. Otherwise yahoo will say there was an error.

Doug
  18. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Apr 9, 2003, 8:17 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #68

Hey the Panzer red brown sounds good but it's a definite no hit it looks like a cup of Starbucks with lots of creamer. Be careful using the online colors charts they are ok for a basic check but they are waaay different in real life.

Lee
  19. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Apr 9, 2003, 8:43 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #69

Link still not working Bob.
    Apr 9, 2003, 9:03 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #70

Rogue Studios wrote:

Hey the Panzer red brown sounds good but it's a definite no hit it looks like a cup of Starbucks with lots of creamer. Be careful using the online colors charts they are ok for a basic check but they are waaay different in real life.

Lee
    bummer. I saw that on the chart and got a little excited because it's something I haven't seen at my hobby shop. I'll keep hoping I guess
  21. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Apr 10, 2003, 1:22 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #71

Hey how do you think I found out what it looked like? from the color chart LOL so I was saving you a few bucks..also Tyler D thought it was a hit. We were sad to say the least.

Lee M.
    Apr 10, 2003, 1:33 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #72

well, when you find a good red for us let us know. I know that's the one thing on the helmet I'm still not vert happy with on mine. And it's also the right color for the rotj gauntlets which I'm in the process of trying to upgrade also.

Doug
    Apr 10, 2003, 4:00 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #73

Yup, we were totally bummed about the red-brown. I thought it was sure hit given that it was a German military color, listed with Panzer Olive Grun, and it looked good on the online chart.

RS ordered the paint only find out it was just as he said-- a starbucks thunder latte. Take the online charts with a grain salt!

Apr 10, 2003, 5:22 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #74

Here's mine so far. It's the Olivegrun, Rust, and Weathered Black(Floquil) colors from Lee. The back is Imperial Japanese Navy Green, and ears are Panzer Dunklegleb and Spruce Green(Rustoleum) LMK what y'all think

Ryan

Apr 10, 2003, 5:53 PM - Re: "It's not easy being green"* Colors are now here **** #75

Ugh... ok, please try the link NOW! Its finally set to PUBLIC. Stupid Yahoo!

By the way, Boba Phat, that's looking good. Can't wait to see it weathered. That's when the "magic" happens.