1. May 31, 2015, 8:33 AM - RS paint job #1

Hey everyone,
    New member here seeking opinions. I recently had RS Props commission a full ROTJ Boba.
    501st approval has stalled because the upper cheeks of the helmet look 'too black'.
    What do you guys think?
    Also, anyone else with an RS painted helmet have the same / different experience?
    Any advice or comments would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-jpg   image-jpg   image-jpg  

2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    May 31, 2015, 9:03 AM - Re: RS paint job #2

I think when I painted the upper cheeks of my Jedi helmet I did a dark sea blue with a misting of RLM 70 type colour its very dark and looks black but it isn't maybe you could fix this by doing a light dusting of say green 78 but I mean very light dusting it might help or just repaint that part, never heard of there being problems with the RS paint jobs as they work so closely with the 501st.
    May 31, 2015, 9:13 AM - Re: RS paint job #3

Check out the ROTJ diagram on the first page below. I am not a ROTJ expert, but it does look like people add blues and greens as boba trooper mentioned. The two different methods listed were done by a couple of the best.
  5. Jun 1, 2015, 10:37 PM - Re: RS paint job #4

Thanks for your input guys. I'd never heard of there being any problems with RS either. Still, my application hasn't been rejected....yet. There is still hope! I'll keep your input in mind if worst comes to worst.
    Jun 2, 2015, 6:00 AM - Re: RS paint job #5

I used nato black then I misted light green as it appears in the magic of the myth exhibit. It's definitely not black like that.