ROTJ upper cheek color...opinions needed plz!!!

From
    michigan

ROTJ upper cheek color...opinions needed plz!!!

ok, after looking at these mom pics for hrs upon end and having tried the c&o enchantment blue, i have to believe that the color is more a green. im almost convinced that if u use humbrol 88 deck green and mist the enchanment blue (or mabye even sponge it) over the green and heavier in the spots where it looks more blackit will be real close! im going insane here casue every mom pic i look at the upper cheeks are a weird green with a blue overspray on it. even the color bleeding dwn to the lower cheeks looks green! can ppl please chime in on this and LMK what they think! if it wasnt in every pic id say it was the background colors..is it the flash making it appear green???................................... braksbuddy, u took the pics what did the cheeks look like in person?? Please lmk guys!!! thanks alot! the link is below
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/misc/tdh_ref/

~shawn

From
    michigan

Re: ROTJ upper cheek color...opinions needed plz!!!

LOL i hate pics.. i shoulda just went w/ a esb lid! LOL well ur opinions are still welcome, but i will fiind out here if i need to re-sand the cheecks AGAIN!!!

I mixed my own color for the upper cheeks.
    I can't remember what colors I used.
    I'll see if I can find the thread

Found it
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=18105

Post # 6 has the color breakdown
    It doesn't say what ratio the paints are, but it does says which colors I mixed

OK, here's my humble opinion on it.

I'm not too sure about the ROTJ colors, but the Pre-Pro 2 armor and bucket definitely have blue over the green. This explains why my eye-dropper tool in Photoshop gives me blue in one area and green right beside it. I hope this helps. The Pre-Pro 1 suit looks positively blue, whereas PP2 looks like the green was sprayed over the blue and rubbed off (collar armor). It's not too much of a stretch to think that the ESB & ROTJ armor and buckets were painted green over the blue. This explains, to me at least, why ESB looks more greenish-blue and ROTJ seems to be predominantly dark green with blue undertones.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=16856

Essentially, REVERSE what you were planning on doing. Put the blue down first, then overspray or sponge the green on top of the blue. I think your idea about sponging is great.

Continuity and Boba Fett certainly don't go together. Now if y'all will excuse me, I have to find a dental pick and sratch through three layers of paint so I can get my armor "right".

I think the only "wrong" thing you can do, is to do nothing. I look forward to seeing what you do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bfprepro01front-jpg   pp2-web-pic-jpg  
    Last edited by Southern hunter; Sep 4, 2007 at 7:27 PM. Reason: Added pix

From
    michigan

thanks for the info slave!! and southern!!!!

>>>in my helmt thread i posted pics of the "new" upper cheeks i did using the humbrol 88 with the c&o enchantment blu on top... just a heads up.