Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ROTJ Helmets/style

From
    North London

ROTJ Helmets/style

Why oh why is the ROTJ version so rare?? I see a lot of ESB threads here, and S/E versions and even custom Fetts, yet the ROTJ seems to be an ignored genre- any reasons for this chaps and chappeses??? Heres my ROTJ, and I've weathered it a lot more now, but my camera is knackered at the mo!! Come on guys, there must be more ROTJ's out there!!!

I've dulled the stark colours with a matt black wash, and will put updated pics on when i get my cam sorted, but you get the idea-must be more ROTJ's out there!!

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

Re: ROTJ Helmets/style

This is my conjecture, but, I think it may be that possibly, the paint style of the ESB is more detailed, and seemed to be an overal better looking helmet the the ROTJ version. Another possible reason is that the ROTJ is hardly ever really seen by comparisson to the amount of scene's that are shown in ESB. So Im saying that the reason is that the ROTJ is not as noticed as the ESB version. Plus, I can imagine by comparison, there are alot more reference pics of the ESB then the ROTJ. This concludes my conjecture.

-tubachris-live to play another day.....

i've been representing the rotj!

i personally find the esb one to be a bit "over-weathered"... i like that the paint is mostly intact on it.

From
    Earth

i'm here to tell you that its quit possible the ROTJ helmet paint job is harder than the ESB version, yes i'm not crazy, it is imo harder becuase there is soo many little scratches, pits, marks, dings and weathering, and most importantly no cumlative lists for paints and techniques

nice helmet to.

I've got an ROTJ helmet.

I'm getting all my ROTJ gear together, waiting on my armor and bucket from BM. I'll be joining the ROTJ ranks soon.

From
    Savannah, GA

...Got mine through today...

TK7602, Thank you for a great bucket... as modelled by my 2 (of 3) daughters..

...when the rest of my kit comes together I hope so do it justice, but what a great start...

From
    Massachusetts

Personally I prefer the weathering on the ESB. I think the ROTJ just ends up looking like splotches of silver paint instead of pieces chipped away.

Great to see Brian's awesome bucket finding a good home!

Personally I do all OT. Non specail edition ::cough cough bob is a girl cough cough::

I just like to think of the ROTJ look as more bright with the pack and the guantlets. Yet it represents the way I remember it growing up.

From
    Chicago burbs

My ROTJ Mystery Helmet along with my custom/varient.

From
    B.C.

Here's my MS2 ROTJ. It was lots of fun, I think I'm still missing hair over that one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2-jpg   3-jpg   4-jpg  

5-jpg  

From
    Central Upstate NY

Representing the ROTJ crew-

Last edited by mrgr8ness; Apr 7, 2006 at 8:57 PM.

MediaGuyPJ said:
    Personally I do all OT. Non specail edition ::cough cough bob is a girl cough cough::
    hahahahaha!!!!

yeah... so, content to make this post not totally crap...

my only rotj complaint is sort of on the same track as bob's "Blobs of paint" comment.

from a distance, the rotj helmet doesn't photograph well. the larger patches of damage on the esb one make it show up in pics from a bit away much better.

close up, i think it looks overdone, and the more subtle rotj damage looks nicer.

so i guess maybe the rotj is my hero helmet and the esb is my stunt helmet

ok, i'm done baiting the esb fans now.

From
    Savannah, GA

webchief said:
    Great to see Brian's awesome bucket finding a good home!
    Oh yes, the girls were over it like a rash. Had to let the eldest one try it on (for peace and sanity)... Now its tucked far away from them...

Thanks again Brian...

From
    Roanoke, TX

Nice buckets everyone!!

From
    California

I am also wokring on a ROTJ bucket - but I havent started to paint it...

From
    Same planet as you, in a country that is below sea-level... the Nether-realm.. Oh wait.. Netherlands

I did one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my-bucket-jpg  

From
    Yakima, Wa.

I'm currently redoing my dp95 as rotj.
    btw, i still love that shot rbf

Caomhanach said:
    Oh yes, the girls were over it like a rash. Had to let the eldest one try it on (for peace and sanity)... Now its tucked far away from them...

Thanks again Brian...
    i'm glad you like it. treat my baby well!!!

From
    Same planet as you, in a country that is below sea-level... the Nether-realm.. Oh wait.. Netherlands

digital509 said:
    I'm currently redoing my dp95 as rotj.
    btw, i still love that shot rbf
    thnx '09!!

From
    Michigan...The Motor City to be exact!

I know MARROW_SUN had worked on an unbelievable ESB and followed it up by doing his ROTJ. He had said to me that he will never tackle the ROTJ again because of its complexity and difficulty level. At a glance it appears to have an easier paint job then the ESB with a more topical paint scheme but the reference pictures that he showed me proved to be quite the contrary. The ROTJ has alot of actual scrapes and carved out places in the fiberglass alone!
    I prefer the look of the ESB myself but I wouldn't sell the ROTJ short by saying it is the easier paint job.

and since this is shaping up to be an excellent bucket show off thread, here's mine...

From

well I did an ESB rubies waaaayyyy back... ok like 2 years actually but erhm... that was not the level I could achieve now so i can't really say I did both, but what I can say is that the ROTJ bucket looks like to be just silver scrapes and thats it, so from quick look it looks loads easier...

then there's the hundreds of itsy bitsy silver dots and stripes allmost"on every part like a patern...

and the toughest part is the ton of washes, mistings and other layers of green etc... that almost necked me...

I'd like to do another one though, with layering techniques? If I ever get an airbrush anyways...

the thing is though... this Fett toke me quite some time and the helmet was the last piece and has by far the best paint job over it compared to the other costume parts... so when I look at my helmet I think that everything else should allready undergo a re-paint... sometimes my hands ...itch... I probably will update... somwehere... I must... simply because I know I can do better everysingle thing I redo.

From
    Central Upstate NY

RBF, I love your bucket. I must admit, I looked at the pics of your's a time or two, while I was doing mine. Ugh, I hate the picture I posted of mine. The focal point on my camera is weird or something, it makes my bucket look like it has no flair and the mandables/visor look weird. I gotta try and take some new pictures.

From
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

This was my attempt at an ROTJ. I rushed it because it was my only gear and I had to get rid of the nasty first attempt I did. Now that I have other gear, I can temporarily retire Fett and do a better job. Since the picture I've replaced the gloves with proper ones, bought new armor and Ruffkin Toy gauntlets. I also have a jet pack I need to assemble and paint.

http://www.badlands.ca/modules.php?n...2_itemId=17463