I finally got the chance to work on my helmet and actually paint the burgundy areas. I drew out the battle damage spots with pencil and then I brushed on some liquid masking. The reference I used for the details was from the TDH reference library and I tried getting as accurate as possible. In my haste to peel off the masking, I forgot to run an xacto knife down the edges of the masking to prevent the paint from ripping off the top of the brow area. So, some of the aluminum showed as a result but I it's fixable. I also gouged out the scratches/cracks on the left side of the visor area. I don't know why I started painting in this order, but I hope it'll work out for the best. Here are some pics.