Okay, so here is my first attempt at a ROTJ bucket. I'm using spraypaint for the base and I'm going back to weather it probably with acrylics (as well as the ears). I did a little bit of weathering with masking fluid with the spraypaints, and a few slashes with the exacto knife...but I'm not too pleased with it thus far.
I went by the rattlecan tutorial thats stickied on this forum, but I couldn't find some of the exact colors at my Home Depot. Here's what I used in the order I applied it:
Base - Krylon Gray Primer
"Damage" - Rustoleum Metallic Silver
T-Visor: Krylon Burgundy (no relation to Ron Burgundy)
Helmet back - Krylon Hunter Green
Dome - Mixture of Krylon Hunter Green, Krylon Olive Green and Krylon Celery
Mandibles - Flat Black, Navy Blue enamel, Hunter Green
Cheeks - Mixture of Olive green and Celery
Then I went back and misted with brown spraypaint very lightly. After that I applied the ROTJ vinyl stickers from Delucks Designs (plug).
I'd like your opinion on it, let me know what I need to work on, and if you have any kind words, that'd be fine too. :P The color on the pictures is off on some, but I'm really mostly worried about the weathering and the little details. This is, afterall, a work in progress.
Profile: (the color is way off - just getting an idea of the weathering)
Close up of the "scarring" - I dont know if it should be more pronounced..the light kind of got in the way
Back - some of the primer shows up on the left side..i didn't mask it well enough
Other side/Back - the color is off