Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    May 31, 2004, 7:39 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #126

hope Lee doesnt mind me posting this in his thread, but heres what I used That yellowish color on the back of the bucket is a tricky one!!! It looks kinda mint green in some pics, and almost gold in others. I went with testors panzer dunkelgelb 1943. its a greenish yellow color. after I sprayed the dark blue/green on top, I removed my mask & used a scuff pad to blend the colors. Don't know if its the right color or not, but since we know the POG is correct, I figured maybe they used other german colors too

2. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    May 31, 2004, 7:50 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #127

Heck I hope everyone posts there helmet here! That looks really damn nice and about as good as it can be done.

Lee
    May 31, 2004, 8:51 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #128

Yea that looks hot.
    May 31, 2004, 9:08 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #129

I had used Doped Linen originally, but I thought it looked too much like the yellow scratches on the ROTJ body armor. it was a little too green, almost neon at times IMHO.
    Jun 1, 2004, 8:56 AM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #130

Hey Lee,

thank you very much for your help.
    You made my day colorfully ;-)

Thx

Mike
  6. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jun 1, 2004, 4:44 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #131

I think I added some other color to the doped linen but not sure I have been using the same bottle for like 12 helmets and have recently ran out I guess it's time research again.

Lee
    Jun 1, 2004, 5:08 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #132

I couldn't find the Doped Linen at my local hobby shop, but I got some of the Panzer Dunkelgelb 1943

I found almost all of the paints I need (still debating spending $12 on two paints for the verical stripes). Can't find RLM Green or F414248 Rock Island Maroon...can you suggest any substitutes or custom mixtures I could use?

Thanks Lee! I can't wait to start airbrushing
  8. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jun 1, 2004, 5:52 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #133

That green on the ears is a tough one lemme tell ya I'm still not happy with the color I've settled on. But since you can repaint the ear until it looks right go with what looks best to you. I know this is crappy advice but I don't have an alternative for that color. Appologies.

Lee
    Jun 1, 2004, 5:53 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #134

That's fine, no worries! Any replacement for the Rock Island Maroon though?
    Jun 1, 2004, 7:25 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #135

I also couldn't find Rock Island Maroon. Just as well as I painted my bucket with enamels and they only make RIM in acrylic. I used British Crimson for my ear scratches and I think they look pretty good.

11. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jun 1, 2004, 8:19 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #136

Yep good call overall if it looks right no one will ever know.

Lee
    Jun 14, 2004, 7:24 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #137

Knees & shoulders....... I re-read the whole thread since I'm now on knees & shoulders. Lee,where you were going tell Lynn whether or not to seal his knees with semi or flat you asked for a number to give him a call............so I was just needing to know if they should be sealed with semi or flat? Looks like semi,but I'd rather ask for the last step.

Oh and my jet pack is done and I now believe the piano keys,red on missle,stripes on thrusters and the bottom right stripe on main fuselage are Boxcar Red.........this is all for the ESB jet pack of course

Thanks again

Steve
  13. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jun 15, 2004, 8:06 AM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #138

Hey seal them with Testors semi gloss. Then rough them up a little to reduce the sheen.

Lee
    Jun 15, 2004, 5:43 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #139

Sweet! Will do Lee.
    Jul 4, 2004, 6:00 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #140

The shoulders & knees.............man what a pain

I dove head first into what I thought might be the "easy" part of this project and found out otherwise. I threw down TWO one ounce bottles on the these four peices and it still didn't get the proper orange as in the ESB promo/still shots. The left shoulder (with decal) was perfect,but the other three were just,well,wrong............until I grabbed the bottle of "MILW Road Orange" and hit it with a light mist.......WHAMMO!! Now it looks like the movie shots. I've begun weathering them per Lee's instructions and they are turning out awesome. By the promo shots the ESB knees apear a LOT more dirty than ROTJ's which is making for a real challenge.

If anyone else is doing ESB and is having similar problems with the knees & shoulders I just thought I'd share my past two weeks experience and success

Once I get this part done I swear to post pics of everything thus far minus helmet

Steve
  16. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jul 7, 2004, 3:35 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #141

Glad to hear it's workign out for you. I get worried that some peoples results won't be as good as what I had but if you stay the course and stick with it and think a little out of the box you'll get there. Heck I could be wrong on all of the colors used but you can take it to the bank it was Floquil/polly-s paints.

Lee
    Jul 7, 2004, 3:38 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #142

I just finished painting my helmet with your colours, Lee, and they all worked out beautifully. I'll post some pics when I can borrow a better camera.
  18. Member Since
    Mar 2003
    Sep 2, 2004, 3:18 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #143

where can i aquire these colors? and how much will they cost? and is this an airbrush,brush, or spray type of paint?

than you for your time.

-matt
    Sep 2, 2004, 5:43 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #144

Further up on the page is a link to a couple of web sights and a list of the product numbers, just search the site with the product numbers and you should find everything you need.
    Nov 11, 2004, 11:24 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #145

Thanks for the handy information Rogue studios ... very cool indeed

Feb 22, 2005, 1:02 AM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios\' techniques*update pic* #146

Always good to have this for the NooB's
  22. Admin Staff obi sean kenobi's Avatar
    Apr 8, 2005, 11:09 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios\' techniques*update pic* #147

I couldnt find ATSF Catwhisker Yellow for the scratches around the chrome on the knees and shoulders, so I used Doped Linen which worked like a charm and looks alot like the reference pics..

Just an idea for those, like me, who couldnt find ATSF Catwhisker Yellow.

OSK
    Apr 11, 2005, 5:50 AM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios\' techniques*update pic* #148

Everyone of the paints is available online at testors.com. If you really can't find any of them locally you should check the site.
    Apr 11, 2005, 7:55 AM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios\' techniques*update pic* #149

I noticed in the color list that the yellow/grayish on the back of the helmet is not labeled any idea what color it is, or am i missing it?
    Apr 22, 2005, 7:09 AM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios\' techniques*update pic* #150

Nevermind! Answered my own question
    Last edited by superjedi; Apr 24, 2005 at 3:22 PM.