Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Sep 4, 2003, 5:43 AM - Re: Colors(update see first post) #26

So, post some pics of this bad boy!
    Sep 4, 2003, 6:43 AM - Re: Colors(update see first post) #27

great job on all of this research Lee. Thank you so much for sharing your finds with us.

Doug
  3. Member Since
    Jul 2002
    Sep 4, 2003, 8:18 AM - Re: Colors(update see first post) #28

Lee,

I'll try painting the helmet silver first then.

When do you paint the grey though, before or after you have clear coated over the green and silver? Also, have you painted the grey by brush or airbrush?

If you could do a quick step by step painting, weathering and clear coating of the dome that would be great! Oh, and when do you use the scotch brite?

Cheers,

Keith.
    Sep 4, 2003, 11:52 AM - Re: Colors(update see first post) #29

Ask and you shall recieve. Lee you have come through on so many occassions with the helmet painting process truly an invaluable resource for years to come.
  5. Member Since
    Jul 2002
    Sep 4, 2003, 2:56 PM - Re: Colors(update see first post) #30

Rogue Studios wrote:

Ok I'll work something up tonight I'll edit this post to save space.

Lee
    Cool

Thanks,

Keith.
    Sep 5, 2003, 5:38 AM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #31

Rogue Studios,
    You Da Man! Thanks for posting your colors and weathering tips.
    Sep 5, 2003, 12:57 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #32

Do you (rouge studios) have pics of your helmet painted in this fashion and in these colors ? I really want to see what the final thing looks like. Progress pics would be even better.
    Sep 6, 2003, 12:41 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #33

Multiple pics were taken of his helmet at D*C. They will be posted soon, but please be patient as there are a ton of other pics that need to be sorted through still.

Seeing this helmet in person (along with the rest of his costume) is like looking at the AoSW suit. Lee's suit is the best RotJ/SE suit I have seen so far.
    Sep 6, 2003, 10:25 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #34

Speaking of helmet pics did anyone remember to get a comparison pic of all the different types of helmet DP95 Recast, MSH, MLC, MHK etc....
    Sep 9, 2003, 2:01 PM - Re: Colors(update see first post) #35

I got most of my colors to repaint my gauntlets, bells, and knees.

BUT.... HELP....!!!!....

Has anyone been able to find the * US Med. Green Pollyscale or Floquil paint for the Chest, cod, back, buttplate???????????

None of my hobby/train shops have this color in their Polly Scale of Floquil displays, it is not even a space that it may be missing, www.micromark.com dosn't have the color either..... Any place else??? Could it be listed as a different color???

Lee do you know where to get that color?

Lynn
    Sep 9, 2003, 2:16 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #36

Lynn did you try the Model Masters line of paints?
  12. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Sep 9, 2003, 7:06 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #37

Lynn, that color is in the smaller bottles. Micromark doesn't even have a floquil line worth checking out. Try ehobbies on the net.

Lee
    Sep 9, 2003, 7:41 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #38

Rogue Studios wrote:

Lynn, that color is in the smaller bottles. Micromark doesn't even have a floquil line worth checking out. Try ehobbies on the net.
    Lee
    Thanks Lee!! The shops I was at didn't have much if any 1/2 oz. bottles, so that was why I was having a hard time finding it. I went to one site and found it until I found it was $7.50 to ship, to heck with that. I found it at www.testors.com with only $3.82 shipping, So I got three bottles of it.

A question about the Reefer Yellow and Up armor yellow.

The base is the Reefer yellow, do I go with it so it is more orangish, or do I go light so it is more yellow? I always though they had an orangy tint.

Is the Up armor yellow just misted on the tops(middles) of the bells and knee fronts, on the edges? I'm not sure what you ment by "highlight the darker spots" in your first post.

THanks,
    Lynn

14. reidemiller
    Sep 9, 2003, 7:43 PM - Re: Colors(update see first post) #39

First off let me say BRAVO to LEE!!!!!!!
    Thanks You so much for all your hardwork, not to mention the money and time involved.
    Thanks to you, our Fetts will look 1000 times better AND more ACCURATE.
    It's people like you that keep this Group and Hobby going!
    I was lucky enough to find ALL of the colors in stock at a Local Hobby Haven. I went in with the Entire list and walked out with them all.
    The guy asked what I was working on and I told him.
    He seemed Bewildered and just shook his head.
    He also told me to let him know if I needed more, he can order them by the bottle.
    Lynn TXP 0369, if you cannot find them, I can help you.
    Let me know how many bottles you need. There are 4
    Hobby Havens, 2 Hobbytown USA's, and a couple of Scale Train stores here Localy in KC, so I'm sure I can help you if need be.
    Thanks again Lee!!!!
    Robert E.
    Sep 9, 2003, 7:48 PM - Re: Colors(update see first post) #40

reidemiller wrote:

Lynn TXP 0369, if you cannot find them, I can help you.
    Let me know how many bottles you need. There are 4
    Hobby Havens, 2 Hobbytown USA's, and a couple of Scale Train stores here Localy in KC, so I'm sure I can help you if need be.
    Thanks again Lee!!!!
    Thanks for the offer, I have them on the way.

I hope to start to repainting in the next week or so.
    Lynn
  16. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Sep 10, 2003, 3:25 AM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #41

Thanks Lee for posting this info.

I'm sorry if I'm missing something , but what is AOSW ?
    I'm not sure if you're still researching this but,is the ESB chest armor,cod,gauntlets and jet pack all painted in the panzer green ?

Thanks a lot

Phil TK1608

Sep 10, 2003, 10:32 AM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #42

AOSW is the Art of Star Wars exhibit. To add to your question, what about the ESB jet pack? Any research on these colors?
    Sep 10, 2003, 2:57 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #43

Regarding the painting techniques for the shoulders and knees, I'm admittedly a bit confused as to the application too Lee.

Simply also can't wait for pics of your suit!!

take care,

-Rex
  19. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Sep 11, 2003, 6:24 AM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #44

AWESOME!!! When I get ready to paint my helmet.... Oh wait... I don't have a helmet and I have no painting skills!

GREAT info RS! We def need more info like this shared on the board!

Having seen RS' armor in person I can tell you the overall look and feel is VERY much like what I saw at MoM. It just looks and feels like the real thing!!!

20. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Sep 12, 2003, 8:08 AM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #45

Please do not confuse Brak's comments as though he was feeling me up at the con. Just wanted to get that out LOL.

Lynn: on the yellow that is a matter of taste but I would suggest painting one coat let it dry a few mins and spray another. I went a little thicker on the Knee (too much I think) and they came out really orangish in pics but it was on really thick. It was kind of cool since it developes a contrast between the knees and shoulders and makes you question are they orange? or are they yellow?..it's one freaked out color.

I don't know if I mentioned this but be very sparing on the acrylic wash you can over do it *Less is more if that makes sense. You are only doing this to interlock the colors visually and tone down the bright ones like the kill stripes etc. it makes it all blend into one tone.

Lee

Sep 16, 2003, 2:07 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #46

Thanks Lee, Sorry it took soo long to respond, I forgot I asked this...

I hope to paint in the next week or so. Do you have pics of your suit? I( don't remember seeing any in the DC thread or I missed them....

Is any chalk/pastal dust weathering used on any of the parts? I really want to avoid using this this time around for a different look.

Are the knees/shoulders misted with black paint?

Thanks,
    Lynn
  22. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Sep 16, 2003, 7:26 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #47

The knees ar misted with UP armor yellow. But mist in streaks if that makes sense it's kind of splotchy. It creates a darker shadowy area. Do you happen to have any photos of the shoulders from AOSW? you can see a slightly darker yellow misted on the bells.

As for chalks I used a little bit of black and dirty gray. I bought them from micromark they are called weathering chalks. Actually a friend of mine sent them to me to try out LOL. After painting the bells yellow I then loaded up the airbrush with the UP armor and lightly misted and concentrated in a few areas to creat slightly darker spots (very subtle) I then scratched of my scratches and dents and dirtied it up with chalks(This was the only area of the armor I used chalks)...I like anything that doesn't looked airbrushed when it comes to weathering.

If this is still confusing let me know. I darkened the pic a tad so you can see misting I hope and they look a little orangish because of that but they are yellow.

Here's one of the jet pack not one drop of mixed paint and no misting except for weathering. This one is going on EBAY very soon. The scratches aren't perfectly matched since I built it as a test pack to test technique. I'll get pics of the suit up soon hang in there.

Lee
    Sep 16, 2003, 7:47 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #48

Great pic!! I have it now...... Now, I just gotta find the time to do it.

Great pic!!

Do you have links to pics of the rest of your suit Lee?

Lynn
  24. jp05 is offline jp05
    Sep 16, 2003, 8:12 PM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' painting techniques #49

I'll add my .02 here..........

If anyone has trouble finding the pains RS mentioned, please drop me a line. I would be more than happy to help folks get these. I live near 3 hobby shops that carry the floquil paints.

Steve
    Sep 20, 2003, 8:26 AM - Re: ESB Color list and Rouge Studios' techniques*update pic* #50

Lookin' good Lee! Man, those pics just get my mouth waterin' to get my armor/jet pack/helmet, etc, done!!