Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

RF LED KITS - Thanks!

From
    Montreal

Re: Interest Thread: RF LED Circuit *MOVIE!!!!!*

I'm glad it's making people happy!
    And to have a supermoderator giving me thumbs up!!! I feel shpeshul

I'll have a new movie up soon with a different flash rate as soon as I have some time (poo on work).

Oh yeah, do you guys want me to do a battery life test when I make a prototype? I mean, LED's don't waste batteries very much but I thought that maybe you'd like to know how long the batt will last?

To the batcave...err, I mean work,
    Bobo

Re: Interest Thread: RF LED Circuit *MOVIE!!!!!*

We might be interested depending on price.
    Keep up the great work.

b.fett

Re: Interest Thread: RF LED Circuit *FLASHING FIXED NEW CLIP!!*

Very Nice!

From
    Phenix City, AL

Well, sign me up for one. And depends on the price, I'd go for two (just in case).
    By the way...Bobo, you really impressed me a lot! I didn't know that you knew about electronics! This is what I like about this forum: we have a lot of people who specializes in particular things, even in the smallest things as well. Way to go, Bobo!

BTW...consider me as a potential customer as well.

And for the winks...here's mine too!

Robert

From
    Massachusetts

Looking good Bobb! You adding the green lights onto the bottom like I have as well?

Ego

Blinking looks bang on to me Bobo.

So where do I send my $5 cheque? That's how much they cost right?

Jer

From
    Northern California

Re: Interest Thread: RF LED Circuit *PRICE!*

Sounds great! So, would I be correct in assuming the $50- version w/ the extra led shines the light "thru" the clearish bottom part of the rangefinder?

From
    Nr Bristol, UK

Man they look good. That flash rate is bang on (IMO).

Not sure which to get. is the blue going to blind you when the RF is right in front of your eye?

Rex. What's the opacity of the lower part of the RF on the MLC. is it like glass, or quite obscure? as in, am I gonna see a blinding blue super nova, or a lovely blue "screen".

Digging it, either way Bobo. I'll get the sewing machine revved up! PM to follow once I've heard from Rex. Might just get one of each and have done with it. Make my mind up when they get here .

Cheers.

Si

From
    Montreal

Sounds good!

I was thinking people could just position the blue led so that it's not straight on into the eye (cuz it is blinding). Just put it on an angle or something.

Ok, all I need to know now is who wants what from the current list..and also from others!

Bobo

Awesome work! I'm in the making of almost the same design, just a bit differnt style. Yours came out most impressive, BTW where did you get your blue LED's? I saw 1 at RS for like $5, I said hell no.. $5 for a little LED? I had a little laser pen that had a nice blue LED in it, so I took it out & used that. Works fine for me, I also found a pen light that hase a Blue, Red, & Green (bright as anything) inside a pen light. If pics are needed, LMK -

Great job again!

Ego

Bobo,

For the extra $5 . . . put me down for the 2 reds and 1 blue!

Looks sweet buddy!

Jer

From
    Northern California

Si- The MLC lower rangefinder is opaque, not crystal clear. I'm thinking the light would be more diffused...

It should work out okay...

I'm going to give it a try anyhow!!

Bobo, I'm in for the "deluxe" version...

take care all,

-Rex

From
    Ft. Wayne, IN

OK, help me out here folks. I know about the 2 red LED's on top of the RF that blink in sequence. But is there supposed to be another LED on the bottom of the RF?

What's up with the blue LED to create the RF "screen"? What the heck did I miss here? Is this part of the movie costume?

From
    Montreal

Re: Interest Thread: RF LED Circuit *TAKING ORDERS*

Lol!!

No no, you didnt' miss anything dude! It's just an extra thing that people *might* want. Webchief started this, and it's just a little light that would shine "in your eye" (if you have a cut out RF screen) and would imitate a tiny monitor!

Bobo

From
    Nr Bristol, UK

Sign me up.

PM sent.

Si

From
    Houston, TX

oooh baby! sign me up! PM sent.

Doug

From
    Phenix City, AL

Hammerhead wrote:

OK, help me out here folks. I know about the 2 red LED's on top of the RF that blink in sequence. But is there supposed to be another LED on the bottom of the RF?

What's up with the blue LED to create the RF "screen"? What the heck did I miss here? Is this part of the movie costume?
    I know about someone who makes custom RF antennas for DP Helmets, and I know he does cuts out the RF "screen" part on the bottom, and replaced by a piece of what I believe of the plexiglass cover they use for fluorescent lights in the offices or anywhere with a fluorescent lamp (the criss-crossed shade/panel that goes there). This creates a real looking screen with an LED behind it. Believe me, I have one of those. Sounds like a good idea for anyone who's gonna try to do this experiment.

That LED is like an extra thing that everyone likes, but I believe that I've seen something in the ESB scene when Boba is after the Millenium Falcon, and looks more clear than the two LED's on top.

Robert

From
    Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

Alright, put me down for two of these puppies! Both DELUXE, one with blue and the other with green.

From
    Nr Bristol, UK

Re: Interest Thread: RF LED Circuit *ORDERS UPDATED/BUZZER?*

Hmmm, not sure about a noise to go with the light. If there was a noise my choice would be a ping in sequence with one of the LED's. I'd have to hear it first, though

I seem to recall mention of a pinging to go with the LED flash in ESB (Slave 1 tracking the M Falcon), but have not watched the film since reading/hearing that. Don't even know if I did, now I come to think!

Jury's out on that one I think, for me anyways. I guess if it was in the circuit and I didn't like it I could always disconnect it, right?

regarding the batteries, funnily enough I had a thought just this morning which some may like and some may loath. I'm going to modify the unit slightly to have the battery completely seperate from the PCB, connected by long wires. reason for this? you can run the wires down the RF stalk into the bucket, add a small on/off switch in the circuit (so the circuit doesn't accidently operate whilst it's in storage/transit and flatten the battery). Not only this, but it would make changing the battery easier if it was in the bucket, rather than ripping the RF to bits every time it needed doing. Just a thought. Easy for me to sit at work and type this rubbish, but I know it's another thing for Bobo to spend an extra hour or so doing further R&D on it and extra time building it. It's a mod I'll most likely do when I get mine, anyways.

Si

From
    Montreal

Han Hunter...
    Yeah the pinging sound is heard in the Slave 1 scene apparently, but I haven't loked back at it either yet. Does someone have an audio clip of this so I could hear it??

And in regards to the wires running down the stalk....tell me what you want, and I'll gladly mod it for you!

I mean, if you want a regular 9V battery in your helmet with wires running down the stalk, please let me know and I'll attatch a 9V battery connector to the circuit with long wires for you!

I guess everyone should let me know what they'd prefer for the battery setup: totally enclosed? or regular 9V battery setup with long wires? Just PM me with your preferece!

Bobo

From
    Nr Bristol, UK

Yeah, about 18" of wires to a 9v connector would be cool. Leave the connector off, though, as I'll have to feed the wire down the RF stalk first. a submicro push on push off, or toggle switch would be cool, too, but don't get hung up on it if you don't have the time. That's basic stuff I can do when it gets here.

These mods (for me) will just be on the deluxe. The basic set I'll leave as is, because they'll be going in a dp97 hollow RF and I'll want it all enclosed up there. The deluxe will be going in my FG bucket, due to arrive soon.

Bespoke electronic components. How coool is this!

Cheers Bobo!

Si

From
    Montreal

No problem, will do

Bobo

From
    Ft. Wayne, IN

Bobo, one thing that I don't believe you have stated in your first post is what type of payment you will be accepting.

For me, Paypal works best, but others may have various preferences of what works for them.

From
    Montreal

Yessir, I didn't mention anything yet... *smacks himself*
    I accept PayPal no problems!

But if you wanna send me MO, thats cool too!

Hammer, what set would you like?

Cheers,
    Bobo

From
    Ft. Wayne, IN

Well, I definitely want a set. I'm going to have to go back and review that scene in Slave 1 on ESB this weekend to see if I want an LED on the underside of the RF. I'm still grappling with whether I want one there or not, and my decision will probably be based on what I can see from the movie.

Oh, regarding the buzzer thing--I don't know that I care to have a "buzzer" per se. The "pinging" sound from the aforementioned ESB Slave 1 scene might be neat, but I'm still not convince that that was a Fett sound, and not a Slave 1 cockpit sound. Replicating the "pinging" sound on your assembly might be hard to do in such a small volume of space, however.