Recieved My Premium FP Deadland Paint up

From
    Murrieta CA

Recieved My Premium FP Deadland Paint up

Hey guys just wanted to share the new present I got in the mail today. FP Premium helemt, off to the shop to pick up some hardware and primer to get things started.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscn1757-jpg   dscn1755-jpg   dscn1760-jpg  

dscn1756-jpg   dscn1758-jpg  
    Last edited by deadland; Feb 12, 2010 at 10:43 AM.

formerly slave1117a vaders right hand's Avatar
    From
    Hoth wisconsin

Re: Recieved My P FP deadland Paint up

very nice .... have fun

From
    Murrieta CA

Re: Recieved My Premium FP Deadland Paint up

Well I got some more work done, I have spent the past few days working on getting all the holes drilled for mounting the ear caps which should be done by tonight so once I get them all on except for the outside ear cap (still trying to figure out how I am going to do that) I will post some pics.

at least for now I was able to get some primer down on the lid and should be able to give it a layer of color tonight. after that this my have to go on the back burner as I am putting down grass in the backyard this weekend and have some commission work that I will need to start. Anyway here are some pics of the lid all primer up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscn1763-jpg   dscn1764-jpg   dscn1765-jpg  

dscn1762-jpg  

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

My MSH1 outer ear caps are held on with Magnets if that helps with mounting yours

Three little ones to be exact

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Can you explain how you drilled the holes for the earcaps? Did you just tape them up and guess where the holes should go? Thanks!

From
    Murrieta CA

That is what I was thinking of. The ones that I was looking at were these.http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=D401-N52

From
    Murrieta CA

[QUOTE=clonecollector;487878]Can you explain how you drilled the holes for the earcaps? Did you just tape them up and guess where the hol

I actually pre-drilled the holes in the helmet first for the left and lower right side ear pieces, for the top right I just lined it up and used a sharpie to mark the drill areas. After pre drilling the holes in the lid I then taped the ear caps into position and then took a sharpie from the inside of the helmet to mark the drill spots for the ear caps. To mount the caps to the helmet I am using t-bolts so I have a little bit more drilling to do on them so that they sit flush. I hope to have it finished and mounted tonight. When I have it done I will post some pics for reference.

From
    Germany

Thatīs exactly the way I always connect the ears. I think itīs a thousand times better than glueing them. And much more sturdy.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

I'm looking forward to your pics! I want to use this method for when I assemble my helmet.

[QUOTE=deadland;487881]
    clonecollector said: View Post
    Can you explain how you drilled the holes for the earcaps? Did you just tape them up and guess where the hol

I actually pre-drilled the holes in the helmet first for the left and lower right side ear pieces, for the top right I just lined it up and used a sharpie to mark the drill areas. After pre drilling the holes in the lid I then taped the ear caps into position and then took a sharpie from the inside of the helmet to mark the drill spots for the ear caps. To mount the caps to the helmet I am using t-bolts so I have a little bit more drilling to do on them so that they sit flush. I hope to have it finished and mounted tonight. When I have it done I will post some pics for reference.

From
    Murrieta CA

I finished getting my ear caps installed this weekend and hope to throw a layer of paint down on it either tonight or tomorrow other projects and time permitting.
    dscn1769-jpgdscn1773-jpgdscn1774-jpgdscn1775-jpgdscn1778-jpgdscn1777-jpg

From
    Murrieta CA

Just a little update, I was able to spray down the Light Gray that I use as the base metal last night so over the next couple of days I will mask out the damage and then spray down the bright silver.

dscn1794-jpgdscn1795-jpgdscn1792-jpgdscn1796-jpg

From
    Murrieta CA

Well I got some work done on this bad boy. I was able to complete the back panels, key slot, back trim and mandibles. I should have the upper cheeks done by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Anyway onto the pics.

dscn2293-jpgdscn2292-jpgdscn2295-jpgdscn2296-jpgdscn2297-jpgdscn2294-jpgdscn2298-jpg

From
    Germany

Great! Awesome job you did on your lid bro! What creme color did you use for your backpanels? The dark green looks killer!

From
    Murrieta CA

Thanks Manuel, for the cream color on the back I use Floquil Enamel Flat Concrete part # FLO110082 which I believe is similar to Humbrol 121 Pale stone in the Enamels over there. By the way that Pre-Pro of your is coming along nicely.

From
    Germany

Thanks bro! For the color tip and the compliment!

From
    Murrieta CA

Well got some more work done over the weekend. I was able to get the lower cheeks and the dome completed as well as starting on the ear caps. All that is left for the main portion of the helmet is the kill stripes and weathering. I should have the kill stripes completed tonight so that I can start weathering tomorrow. I will also be laying down the caboose on the left ear as well as the earth color on the right ear tonight. My goal is to have this wrapped by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. Enjoy the pics.

dscn2301-jpgdscn2299-jpgdscn2302-jpgdscn2300-jpgdscn2304-jpgdscn2303-jpg

From
    Germany

Ah, I like what I see! Very well done so far bro! Looks killer!

From
    Iowa

That is looking VERY nice! Can't wait to see if finished!

From
    Murrieta CA

Thanks for the kind words guys.

From
    Murrieta CA

Well just about done with this I have now added the kill stripes as well as the ear caps and only have the decal left to add to the left ear. I have also added some weathering to it and will be doing a black wash on it as well. All that is left to do is mount the visor and the broaden connector and then a dullcote to seal the whole thing up. I will be sending this off to Clint (Shabazz Jenkins) due to the mishap with his bucket in the final stages either tomorrow or Saturday morning.

Anyway onto the pics

dscn2312-jpgdscn2314-jpgdscn2307-jpgdscn2309-jpgdscn2310-jpgdscn2308-jpgdscn2306-jpg

From
    Westminster, MD

Wow, I must say that looks amazing!

Great job. That helmet looks awesome!

From
    Murrieta CA

thanks for the kind words guys. Well I got everything finished up last night and here it is one last time before I tear it down and box it up for shipment.

dscn2316-jpgdscn2317-jpgdscn2321-jpgdscn2319-jpgdscn2323-jpgdscn2325-jpgdscn2327-jpg