Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

The REAL PrePro 2 Helmet!!!

Re: The REAL PrePro 2 Helmet!!!

They made smoking thrusters for the jet pack, and a working flamethrower on the gauntlets. But none of these effects were used in ESB. That would've made one awesome deleted scene!

From
    Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

Brak's Buddy said: View Post
    Again, I really don't know what the deal was there. I believe if LFL had it recorded that this helmet was stolen, they could come back at any time and repossess it. I don't know if the knew owner knows it is stolen or not. He probably doesn't want to know. In addition, I doubt he paid anywhere near $80k, that was just what the original seller was wanting to get through the Auction house.
    I used to work in the auction business, and I deal with auction houses regularly for business.
    It is general practice to turn down items that are of questionable origin, reported stolen, etc and NOT report them, because there isn't a law requiring auction houses to report stolen items, and most places wouldn't report it, because it would "ruin their image" of confidentiality.
    However, that being said, if it was a big ticket item, like say a Monet painting, generally the directors would call a "friend" who had a friend in the police department, well, you get the idea.
    Just wanted to keep everyone informed.
    Last edited by Edrrak Nolat; Jun 25, 2007 at 11:19 AM. Reason: poor spelling on my part

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Mr Fett said: View Post
    Yeah, I knew that. But then why would they paint up a stunt helmet in the ESB paintjob when they were working with the ROTJ helmet for the rest of the shots? They would have made a stunt helmet to more match the ROTJ helmet. It would seem the ESB stunt was a leftover from the ESB movie, but there were no stunt scenes involving Boba Fett in ESB. It just doesn't add up.
    Keep in mind that the rumor (and it IS a rumor... so take it as you will) was that Fett, even when he was paired down to a single character, had a much more significant and active role in ESB. As much as I would have liked to see more action, it might have destroyed his mystique and I am glad he was left obscurea nd shrouded in mystery. The assumption is that these helmets were indeed leftovers from ESB stunt scenes that never made it beyond the script...

From
    Corbin, Ky

Mr Fett said: View Post
    Yeah, I knew that. But then why would they paint up a stunt helmet in the ESB paintjob when they were working with the ROTJ helmet for the rest of the shots? They would have made a stunt helmet to more match the ROTJ helmet. It would seem the ESB stunt was a leftover from the ESB movie, but there were no stunt scenes involving Boba Fett in ESB. It just doesn't add up.

Originally in ESB there was supposed to be a fight scene between Fett and IG-88 on Cloud City after Boba acquires the frozen Han Solo to take back to Jabba, but it was never filmed. There is mention of it in The Star Wars Chronicles. The ESB stunt helmets were probably built with that scene in mind.

From
    Southern California

Yhea, that would have been a great scene, but reguardless the story stuck, They just ended up tweeking it alittle. Instead of Fett and IG-88 fighting over Han after they freeze em, they end up racing to cloud city and have a fight before hand. You can see IG-88 Sleeping with the Scrap Metal in the Junk Pile by the metalmelter as Chewie is gathing up 3-PO. C
    Last edited by Cerillo; Jun 25, 2007 at 3:17 PM.

From
    Roanoke, TX

Brak's Buddy said: View Post
    Keep in mind that the rumor (and it IS a rumor... so take it as you will) was that Fett, even when he was paired down to a single character, had a much more significant and active role in ESB. As much as I would have liked to see more action, it might have destroyed his mystique and I am glad he was left obscurea nd shrouded in mystery. The assumption is that these helmets were indeed leftovers from ESB stunt scenes that never made it beyond the script...
    In the Ralph McQuarie panel the speaker who is the writer of the new book they were talking about said that Ralph was given a version of the script where Fett became a main character and that is where the second revisions of the more western looking character came about. The sketch where Fett has a poncho, came from that script.

Account Deactivated

Not sure if this helps but the prepro 2 suit was intended to be the Hero suit for ESB until some Public Relations person from LFL let the suit go into the public sector. This is why the Prepro 2 parts have not been seen since and have surfaced in a private collection. This also explains the reason for the rumored missing ESB suit it's just a different suit than we thought. I hope this helps.

Lee

OK Fett Friends and Fiends, I'm not trying to resurrect an old thread or anything, but I have a few questions about the comparison pix posted above. The photos on the left compared to the pictures of the REAL helmet seem to be darker. Is it the lighting or is it the effects of 20 yrs of aging on the helmet and it's paint?

A second question regarding Pre-Pro 2 suits. Is the main color of the helmet (the dome and lower cheeks) a different color from the body armor? It certainly appears so, to me. The body armor seems close to a hunter green with just a touch of blue whereas the helmet seems to be a lighter green with a more pronounced bluish tint. Is it just the lighting in the photo or are the colors that different?

Additionally, the jumpsuit looks to be a teal blue instead of a sky blue. Am I right on these assumptions or will this dog just not hunt?

Thanks for the input everyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pre-pro-2-jpg  

Additional pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fettprepro-jpg  

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Maybe this will help...

From
    Philadelphia PA

The helmet and the armor are different colors. I believe thats a case with every version of Boba Fett. The exact colors, I don't know. I'm sure someone does though. The Suit is darker, almost like a denim color. I got a bit of a sky blue jumpsuit and misted it with black to darken/dirty it up.

From
    Fremont, CA

Thank you for sharing these pictures... Class act

Wow, that's some powerful voodoo you got there Syper! Zombie thread!

What a fantastic thread though, glad the pics are still there!

Art,

Great thread...What's the story on the gauntlets, when did the different flame unit details come about and why ?

Anyone ?

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Christian,

The constant upgrades to the left gauntlets "gas gun" is a complete mystery. I don't know if it was a matter of them not functioning well or what the exact nature of the issue was but initially the left gauntlet included a working "gas gun" that seemingly projected some type of flame.

The Super Trooper, Preproduction 1 and Preproduction 3 costumes have the same gas gun housing which appears to be a flawed design because the "barrels" end behind the wearers hand and there is the potential of setting one's own hand afire.

The Preproduction 2 appears to have corrected this issue by wisely adding an extending tip to the gas gun so when fired, the end of the barrel was well past the wearer's hand. However, for unknown reasons, the outer casing seen on the Preproduction 1 gun was no longer to be seen on the Preproduction 2. In my mind this is another piece of evidence that tells me the Preproduction 2 didn't necessarily come before the Preproduction 3.

The ESB gas gun appears to be a further refinement to the look of the Preproduction 2 but I can only assume that they had decided not to use the gas gun as a practical effect and made the ESB gas gun non-functional (to the best of our knowledge).

For the Return of the Jedi gas guns, there is some speculation (but no definitive proof) that they may simply be reworked versions of the Preproduction 1 gas gun, with an updated outer shell. Whether this is true or not, we may never know.

That is about all I have on those.

art, can't see the pic's in post 25, have you removed them.
    Thanks for sharing.

Wow!

I'm currently working on this one..

From
    Las Vegas, NV

aero said: View Post
    art, can't see the pic's in post 25, have you removed them.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Don't know what happened to that pic, but here is what had been posted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pp2-jet-pack-gif  

From
    Jakarta

So...there are no circuit board on PP2 helmet?that saddens me,but i will use it anyway

oh....Hello 2010!!

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

I think it does actually...look to the GMH thread

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

if u look at this pic of the helmet before it had all the stuff done to it it had the connectors like ROTJ Im guess it also had the MQ1

From
    Jakarta

Thank you!
    sorry for that,this is my first fett plunge