Subscribe
    May 20, 2011, 12:31 PM - Question about Mystery Helmet Ear Cap #1

Before I stared painting my Sgt. Fang Mystery Helmet, I had sanded the ear caps so they would be flush with the sides of the helmet. I put them on the other night (ok I wanted to see how it looked) and noticed that one of them looks like it warped a little bit. Would taking a heat gun to the ear cap (making sure to not heat only one section) and then bending it work? Or would it not work at all.
    May 20, 2011, 1:39 PM - Re: Question about Mystery Helmet Ear Cap #2

I don't know particulars about that helmet but the "ears" on my FP MR helmet actually have platforms they sit on. These "platforms" are on the sides of the helmet and stick up a tiny bit.

Check out my old thread...

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/c...inished-36442/

Check out post # 16 for pics of the "platforms" on the sides of the helmet.
  3. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    May 20, 2011, 8:52 PM - Re: Question about Mystery Helmet Ear Cap #3

Yes show us some pics , the mystery helmet never had the platforms on them which is a detail that is needed to make them acurate , so if you handy make some out of thin plastic sheet and glue them on then put your ears down over that,
    if your ears arnt in a good shape you may want to look in to getting a new set of ears, this may be a good idea any way as the mystery ears are not that greatand then you cap grind down the ear were the range finder sits in to it and add an ear set uo that is acurate
  4. Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Jun 15, 2011, 12:23 AM - Re: Question about Mystery Helmet Ear Cap #4

I had the exact same issue with my Mystery helmet.
    I had gaps all around the freakin' things. I glued them on and then aplyed body filler using a putty knife. Then before it totally hardened I used a small chisel and carefully removed the excess of the body filler so it was only filling the gap and nothing else.
    After leaving it 10-15 min to dry I folded up some 150grit and sanded the gap's filler.
    Viola you'd never know it was a warped mess under the primer.