Question about Helmet.

Question about Helmet.

I think this is my first time actually posting here, at least that I can remember anyway.
    I've finally started to take steps towards making my own mando suit and I've found a helmet on ebay.
    The helmet is around $40 and is a Rubies helmet. The only things that concern me are the sizing (I have a big head,) and that the anttena is sticking out a little bit.

Should I get this or should I keep looking around for a different helmet?

From
    Indiana

Re: Question about Helmet.

Before you buy anything on ebay, read here first. Personally, I would not buy a Rubies helmet.

From
    San Francisco, Ca

Ordo_221 said: View Post
    I think this is my first time actually posting here, at least that I can remember anyway.
    I've finally started to take steps towards making my own mando suit and I've found a helmet on ebay.
    The helmet is around $40 and is a Rubies helmet. The only things that concern me are the sizing (I have a big head,) and that the anttena is sticking out a little bit.

Should I get this or should I keep looking around for a different helmet?
    well it depends... are you looking to make an entry level Fett costume? it's not a bad place to start actually, especially if you're just getting into the whole Fett costuming gig. an entry lvl costume is also a great place to make mistakes. plus it gives you lots of room to move up in the costuming world.

so I personally would not waste my money on a rubies, but if money is tight and you want to just see what you can do to begin with, go for it. the experience you recieve is priceless.

From
    Newport News, VA

Ordo,
    Personally I wouldn't go with a Rubies for a couple of reasons.
    First, the size. You mentioned you have "a big head," and compared to the actual movie helmet, the Rubies is an undersized copy.
    Second, if you're going to progress to doing an entire costume, once you get into it, you'll eventually see some other type of helmet that looks better overall. So you will probably want to 'upgrade.'
    There are a lot of good helmet manufacturers to be found here on the board. Do some research before you buy something. For only a little more than twice the cost of that Rubies you're looking at, you can pick up a really nice resin helmet kit.
    Welcome to TDH!
    Eric

I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    From
    Laughlin, NV

Do not buy a Rubies.
    They come very deformed, need a lot of work, undersized, and you could get something a lot better, for the price of modding your rubies.

Thanks for the advice you guys, I'll keep shopping around for a good bucket....one that'll fit my head hopefully >_>

From
    UK

Keep looking IMO. or try building yourself....... takes time but allot of satisfaction when it turns out? Have you tried WOF's templates...?

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Notice how you said, "I have a big head." Rubies are small buckets

I would keep my eyes out for an MSH2, they are huge...