Subscribe
    Mar 14, 2012, 9:39 AM - Preferred Fett Helmet templates #1

Getting ready to start my own helmet build and looking for guidance from those experienced the ways of scratch building to see what the best or preferred templates are for a decent/realistic Fett build.

My son wants to be Boba Fett for Halloween, so I figure I will at least do a Jango or Boba helmet for myself and if time permits try to build his costume as well. (I am mostly done growing and he is growing like a weed so it will be a bit early to size him since Halloween is more than 6 months out)

I already have the cardstock and plenty of fiberglass and Bondo. Just looking for some direction.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Mar 14, 2012, 11:12 AM - Re: Preferred Fett Helmet templates #2

At the very top of this helmet section you will find a sticky of templates and stencils. While I have not built up a helmet from either of these patterns I have seen good results with the wizardofflight templates and the RafalFett templates. Take a look at both of them and see which one you like.
    Mar 14, 2012, 11:52 AM - Re: Preferred Fett Helmet templates #3

I recommend the Rafal templates. They address some of the issues that WOF doesn't with regard to the size of materials. Also, you won't have very good results with a build like this from cardstock. It's not quite like Pepekura since there are no tabs. You need something with more thickness and strength to it. I recommend Crescent brand Illustration board. It's like cardboard but in place of the corrugation is just layers of pressed cardstock to make a thick and durable piece.
    Mar 15, 2012, 12:56 PM - Re: Preferred Fett Helmet templates #4

Thanks for the tips, I hope to be able to start my WIP thread sooner rather than later.