Postition of speakers for a mic?

Postition of speakers for a mic?

Where do you put you speaker or speakers in your fet helmet. I have a mic in a trooper helmet but it has no static burst I think so I want to switch it. It has two little speakers that are in the aearators on the trooper helmet but I have no clue where to install them in my fett helmet.

From
    San Francisco, Ca

Re: Postition of speakers for a mic?

I would love to know this too... b/c as of now, and I think this is how most ppl do it, I pack it in one of my poutches

From
    California, US

I concur about the knowledge of where most put the speaker. I was thinking myself that i would put it under my armor where the chest LED display would usually be but it would just be wire mesh with the speaker behind it.

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

UUMMMMMMM,,,, well,,,, I dont know of anyone that dose.

I just have the head set with the speaker in one of my pouches.

From
    Indiana

I have a friend that made the holes in the borden connector, on the left side, go all the way. So, that there are 3 small holes and then put the speaker behind that. Then on the other side where the rectange is he also cut that out and put a speaker behind it. Then wired it all with his RS voice amp. It works very well.

From
    Indiana

if you do that though your going to want to "cover" the speakers to help with the feedback squeeling that generally happens whan you mount a speaker too close to the mic. depending on how large of a diameter your speakers are, you can try mounting them in one of the small plastic medicine dispencer cups off of a niquil bottle (or pepto bismal, or childs Ibuprofin medcine bottle, these are just examples but generally look for one thats actual thick plastic)

Stuff a little foam in there to help keep the speaker from rattling around and also to help damper the feedback further. Then mount them in the helmet.

I suppose you could also try and make one yourself out of any spare styrene, ABS, or sintra you have laying around too.

Just a suggestion