Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Jan 9, 2013, 7:47 PM - Pepakura Boba // Need Advice WIP // Pic Heavy #1

Hey everyone! I have lurked for awhile and finally got to a point where I could use some input. I started a pep Boba using Fierfeks pep files and I am now sanding the helmet down. Post fiberglass and resin. Pre bondo.

Here are a few pics of my helmet while it was still just cardstock. Sorry for the mass posting.
    close-up-jpegpaper-close-up-jpegfits-jpegpaper-inside-jpeg

Here's one before sanding (it has been resined and fiberglassed at this point):

fiberglassed-jpeg

Here are a bunch of pictures of it partially sanded:
    1-left-ear-jpeg1-stalk-ear-jpeg1-sanded-dome-jpeg1-partially-sanded-helmet-jpeg

With fiberglass inside it is about 1/4 inch thick.

1-fiberglass-inside-jpegfiberglass-inside-again-jpeg

Fierfeks pep may not have been the appropriate one for me to begin with. I got fed up with a lot of the ear pieces and decided to skip the RF assembly. It was spur of the moment and now I don't know how I should go about it. So:
    • Stalk ideas?
    • Do I leave that quarter inch edge at the bottom of the helmet or do most people chop it?
    • You may notices my right cheek area is f'ed up. It is. What can I do about that?

Sanding and Bondo-wise I think I am capable of doing, but won't refuse any pointers.
    The helmet got pretty wavy in a couple spots, but I am confident bodyfiller will work. My main concerns are about the ears because I think they look shoddy.
    Lucky for me my dad is working on a kit car and I was able to talk to two autobody guys about bondo and such. Got many compliments on my fiberglass job. So, again, confident I can handle the bondo work.

Thanks all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails close-up-jpeg  
    Jan 9, 2013, 8:47 PM - Re: Pepakura Boba // Need Advice WIP // Pic Heavy #2

I asctually used firefeks model for my first go around. My advise is take your time. Dont be in a rush. A rushed job looks sloppy in the end. Lots of love shows in the final product. Your glass work is a good base to go off of. Start with small layers of bondo and work your way up. Ill keep an eye on your progress
    Cheers
    Jack